salty leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by newstarter, Oct 28, 2003.

1. I've been told the problem with my plants is salt on the leaves, the leaves are spotty and are crumbling but only in the light area.
    Any advice? I'm doing it NFT.

2. i doubt it's salt on the leaves......it may be a build up of salts in the pot......does the top of soil, look kinda white, or just like normal soil.......i'd flush the pot through with some water, and it should be o.k........maybe just added too much fert.......Peace out.........Sid

3. Hi sid, not doing it in pots there on a water table in 3 1/2" blocks no soil.

4. sorry mate, can't help ya there, i'm a soil grower myself, maybe BPP, or critter or unoit wioll know, they'll also need to know the ph and ppm etc of the solution.......Peace out.......Sid

5. Sounds like nutrient burn to me...lower your feed levels to half for 2 weeks and check out the new growth...it should be medium to dark green ..if you have leaves growing that are very light green you should up your feed..if they are getting burnt ( spots and crumbling ) then lower your feed levels...
    the plant will tell you what it needs you just have to observe the signs...if you can buy a conductivity meter...