Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saliva Drug Test question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 420Hazo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. I`ll just say this here again , If you smoke once a week and actually stop you`ll be good in give or take 10 days .. I've passed numerous drug tests im damn near un-defeated :laughing:

2. #3882 holeysheet, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Have a drug test within the next week. Last I had smoked was once Friday the 14th, and twice Saturday the 15th. 3-5 hits from a pipe each time. Before that weekend, I had smoked once on the 1st of February and never before then. I am female, 5'10, and 230 lbs. Pretty fat. I took a home drug test today after exercising for three days with no carbs or sugars and then lazing around with lots of carbs and sugars for yesterday and today.  This was probably my 6th void of the day. I thought my test would be tomorrow, but there were some complications so it isn't for a few more days.

There is a line but it is insanely faint. I feel like it would get sent off for a GC/MS for being inconclusive. Should I get synthetic or try to sub or do you think I'll be okay by test day?

[​IMG]

3. You would pass the test if an experienced operator read it.  My wife had one of those extremely faint lines and she hasn't smoked pot in 15 years.  They were about to send it off for chromatography but finally, after I started bitching about it, checked with the boss who immediately saw the line and said it passed.  That lead me to believe some THC test strips just have extremely faint lines.  There are folks who believe with all their hearts that a very faint line means you're close to the cut-off but while that's not my experience, it sounds logical.  Good luck

4. #3884 TreatWilliams, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    I'm a medicinal user (with a card) , and I have a pre-employment screening on Monday. I had basically no notice which gives me 3 days to appear clean. I' m definitely a fatty (5'6" 250lbs), and I don't smoke, just vaporize daily. I'm basically going drink lots of water, eats tons of veggies for fiber, and exercise. I thought maybe hot baths with Epsom salt might help as well. I've also been taking cranberry tabs for the past week to help with a uti but picked up some Azo standards as well...maybe kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Does anyone know if vaporizing makes it harder to pass? I'll have about 3.5 days total without using before taking the test. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Test is at Quest Diagnostics if that helps.

5. Honestly in that timeline and seeing that you are just going for pre-employment, not government testing I'd suggest substituting clean urine.
    Know anyone with clean urine that will give you a sample?

@[member="llatikcuf"] is quite helpful on the substitution advice, perhaps he'll chime in.

Not trying to be a downer but I don't think there is much chance of passing with your urine without serious dilution.

6. Please (!) llatikcuf,

Give me your best advice. I'm a 60 yr-old woman who has smoked all of her life until May 2012. I was on the job market and decided to clean out so i could apply for more jobs. Then in Jan. 2014, I went back to smoking/vaping the equivalent of 2 jays/day. Then all of a sudden the perfect job/great pay has been offered to me and they drug test! Been about 30 days since I smoked (2/28/2014). I've been doing dip-stick home testing off and on and the results seem to depend on the brand I use. Only 1 has given me a faint pink line, the other at best a ghost-line.

My test is scheduled for Thurs, 4/3. Today, 3/29, I went to Any Lab Test Now, & I did the rapid results test and the "the send-off to the lab" version so I could find out what my numerical THC level is. As expected, I failed the rapid results test with a very, almost non-existent grayish line. I may get my "send-off" test results as early as 3/31 but not sure. The lab tech told me it takes 3 months to test clean. And I'm supposed to start work 4/7! 

At this point, subbing with real urine sounds like my best option, but everyone & I mean everyone I know smokes! I've noticed the more I dilute, the more obvious the line on the home tests. I can also offer this from my previous "clean out" period: I stopped on 5/12/2012 and it was not until 6/9/2012 that I started to get a very faint pink line. Even as late as 7/12/12, the line was a faint pink line. If I go synthetic, what do I get? (As far as metabolism goes, pretty slow, I'm overweight, 5'3, 170 lbs, work out of my home sitting at computer all day. Plus it's probably too late to start exercising like a maniac since the test is 5 days away.) Help!!!

7. One more thing--I know I'm going to Concentra, location of my choice for my pee-test. This is in Texas. Thanks, everyone!

8. First time to post here...just sharing my experience.

I have been a daily smoker of the fine KY green for around 12 years now. I smoke several bowls, joints, and/or blunts every day. I recently got myself into some trouble with Johnny law but it was alcohol related. I was put on home incarceration on March 24th for 26 days.

When I signed up, my lawyer told them I had THC in my system so they should test me right away so they could see that my "THC levels" were going down and they agreed. I took the test that day, a standard pee cup test and the cop tells me, "you are almost clean". I laughed bc I smoked about 30 minutes before the test and every single day prior to that and I told him that was impossible. (Mind you, it was my arraignment that day and I had no plan to plea but my lawyer worked out a good deal. I had planned to just serve my jail time but due to jail overcrowding they gave me HIP...otherwise I would not have been so stupid as to keep smoking!)

Anyway, I get called in the very next day for my next "random" test and failed (duh) and the cop tells me if I fail another one, "that's it". He proceeds to tell me that it doesn't take anyone more than 7 days to get clean and if it takes longer it's because I smoked. Unbelievable. Furthermore, the bullshit about testing my levels was a total lie!! I feel so stupid for believing it.

I am 10 days into HIC and 10 days without smoking. I tried dilution, failed the home test. I tried Vale triple strength, failed the home test. I'm expecting to get called for my next test any day now and I know I'm totally fucked. I plan to try a combo of the Vale (for color in my urine) and dilution but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone out there finds themselves where I am. Chalk this one up to a lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I try and let no question go unanswered here but somehow I missed this one and your test is today so sorry.  I bet you pass.  Let us know.  It takes me 5 weeks, sometimes 6 to test clean.

The only cops who are not assholes are a few of the ones that just signed on and they will fall in line with the rest of them soon.  Don't worry about failing that test if it's given soon.  They are so full of shit and he's trying to scare you or is really an idiot who needs some tough love given anonymously.  A 50cc syringe full of paint stripper squirted onto his car should do it.  Don't get caught.  I think he's just acting the big shot.  If you fail and he does anything tell him to google how long it takes to pee clean and if he still doesn't get it speak to your lawyer and if you don't have one complain to the police ombudsman type person.  It may not help you this time because they all cover for each other but next time he'll think twice before fucking you over.  Maybe.

10. [quote name="llatikcuf" post="19792282" timestamp="1396544278"

The only cops who are not assholes are a few of the ones that just signed on and they will fall in line with the rest of them soon. Don't worry about failing that test if it's given soon. They are so full of shit and he's trying to scare you or is really an idiot who needs some tough love given anonymously. A 50cc syringe full of paint stripper squirted onto his car should do it. Don't get caught. I think he's just acting the big shot. If you fail and he does anything tell him to google how long it takes to pee clean and if he still doesn't get it speak to your lawyer and if you don't have one complain to the police ombudsman type person. It may not help you this time because they all cover for each other but next time he'll think twice before fucking you over. Maybe.[/quote]

As much as I'd love to hand out a little of my own justice to that asshole I know it's my own fault for getting in trouble in the first place.

They showed up to my house this morning for a random home check and tested me. Failed, of course. They said they have to take it to a judge but it is documented that I told them about the THC in my system before signing up. I doubt it will save me though. My lawyer says they should have never let me sign up if this is what they were going to do and it's the whole reason we were honest in the first place.

Ugh. I tried to do the right thing. Quit smoking. Obviously doesn't matter. This blows!!

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396597963.454479.jpg

This would be considered a fail right??

12. If your lawyer documents how long it takes to pee clean and they still send you away because of failing that test then you didn't have a chance from the beginning because there is just too much empty space between that cops ears.  Maybe the judge will be a little brighter.

Are you saying they didn't send the first positive test off for confirmation?  Isn't that what is normally done or has times changed since I failed a drug test?
    Hmmm.  That could go either way.  The directions on my tests say if you can see any line at all then it's a pass and I can see a ghost line on that one.  I'd say it's up to the person reading the test but you're probably right.

13. Yeah I am certainly hoping the judge will see that there is a serious flaw in the current system. I have found several peer reviewed articles stating it can take up to 90 days for chronic users. I told the cop yesterday I should never have been permitted to do home incarceration if they do not have the means to conduct proper testing. Of course, it went in one ear and into that dead space you mentioned.

Nope, I watched the cop throw my first and every subsequent test into the garbage. It was not sent to a lab for confirmation. I have requested a mouth swab and a blood test as I feel these would show that I have, in fact, been abstaining but was never given one. My lawyer is going to court on Monday to request that I come off of HIC and be allowed to complete my sentence in the county jail. My stomach has been in knots for two weeks over all this. I'm just so ready to get it over with. I'll only have 6 days to serve. Best to just get it done.

I have fibromyalgia and no insurance so I cannot afford the meds. Smoking is the only thing that helps the pain and at this point I am in an incredible amount of pain. This whole experience has been horrible and understandably so...I broke a serious law and accepted the consequences but this is getting ridiculous!!

14. legendary post!

15. #3895 el908, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014

I just took my pre-employment test on Friday. It was a escreen non-dot, do not use ecup 5 panel test (1200). Took it an a collection site and it was immediately shipped off to Kansas with a address to a MRO after I signed it. Prior to the test, I took 3 home tests which gave me a similar faint negative line  (similar to the quoted picture, a little darker, but nowhere close to the control or my friends control test; took the last one 10-15 minutes prior to the actual test). I used the diluted method, drinking around 3/4 of a gallon of juice/Gatorade/water starting 3 hours prior to the test. My first test of the day an hour after I started to dilute was tested positive, but the 3 tests shortly after within the next 2 hours were all faintly negative. My piss was definitely tinted light yellow from my vitamins and not neon or dark so I have no worries it being diluted. I also work out 3x a week prior and take creatine too.

My question is, since this was a lab test non-ecup, will my urine be tested gc/ms straight off the bat? I have no doubt I will pass a simple dipstick test, but this is the first time it was shipped to a lab for testing. From I have read the gc/ms test is only when I test positive at the 50ng/ml which I should pass because I tested myself 3 times prior to the actual test which were all negative. They said 3-4 days so I suspect that it is only a dipstick, but a MRO will review it regardless in case of positive. Anyone have insight on this to ease my mind?

16. So a few months ago I was arrested for possession and went to court for it. I'm currently enrolled in a diversion program, so I can't smoke weed. However, in my state using marijuana for medical purposes is legal with a doctors recommendation(since we don't have a legit system set up). My question is, if my doctor recommended I use medical marijuana could the court throw the case out? And yes this is for a legit medical issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #3897 2001, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    There is a TL;DR at the bottom in bold for those who don't want to read the whole thing!

So, I knew I had to start looking for a job soon, so I cut back on smoking probably 2-3 months ago to just once a night before bed. Only blazed about .2 to .3 a night. Then finally I quit straight up cold turkey for 3 weeks exactly and got called in for a pre-employment drug test for Wal-Mart (I know, it's a shitty place to work, but I live in a small town and job oppertunities are very slim).

A couple of facts about me, I'm 6'1 and between 170-180 (I haven't weighed myself for a long time) but I'm slim and by no means fat.

Back to the story, so I go in there, interview goes great, they even tell me they need another 5 more employee's for the position to tell friends blah blah. Then they ask me "Can you go in for a drug test?"  I'd been taking Men's 1 a Day vitamins the whole 3 weeks, I drink 3-4 bottles of water a day. So I figured I was good, go to the hospital, drop for the test, my pee was a nice shade of yellow figured all was well.

I get a call (yesterday) a week after my interview and they proceed to tell me that I never showed up for my drug test, I call bs, tell them that I have my copy of the paper work that has the collector's signature, that the temp was all good etc. They say their lab hasn't recieved any sample of mine and ask if I can drop again. Well, I thought I was in the clear and smoked Friday,Saturday, and Sunday night, again just back to pinner amounts of .2 to .3

So I tell them that since I had never done anything like that before since I have a clean background, that it was extremely embarrassing being pat down, having to empty out my pockets and fully empty out my wallet and that the whole experience was just very nerve wracking because of all the steps I had to go through.

The lady who interviewed me said she'd "keep digging" to see if the lab has it (she didn't even ask for my specimen sample ID either...)

My question is, I can probably stall them until Monday and again the last time I smoked was Sunday night, about .2. So I'm asking after going 3 weeks cold turkey after smoking small amounts once a night, would I be able to pass a piss test by Monday if I keep up drinking all the water and Gatorade I drink, the vitamins, and I'm also going to get cranberry and green tea pills that my buddy uses to pass his probation UA's (he also uses detox drinks but I can't afford or stomach that stuff). Would I be good enough to pass on Monday?

Sorry for the long post, I just really needed this job and I thought I was in the clear until they "lost" my sample

TL;DR VERSION    6'1, 170-180lbs, smoked .2-.3 (quarters usually lasted me 3 weeks) once a night for the past couple months, went cold turkey for 3 straight weeks, then smoked less than a gram over 3 nights in 3 sessions(last time was April 6th). Can I pass a UA by Monday by taking vitamins, cranberry pills, green tea pills and of course drinking tons of Gatorade and water. (I also know not to chug a shit load, to catch mid stream etc)

Any help would greatly be appreciated, it's just really messing with my anxiety and I can't smoke obviously to relieve that :(

Eternal thank you's to anyone who can help and put me at ease or whether I should skip the embarrassment all together, fake pee isn't an option either since it's at a hospital they inspect your inner thighs while you're in your boxers.

18. I'm afraid nobody can answer that with any degree of authority.  You are in a tough position and I commiserate with you.  Some say they can dilute enough in that amount of time.  With the little you smoked you may make it but it's a fine line between diluted and over-diluted.  Given the circumstances here I'd think if you were diluted they would give you a do over and a couple more days to clear up.  I can't really suggest anything.  Maybe get several test strips and practice?  At least you would see if it's possible to dilute enough.

19. #3899 toker23, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    Ok, so I got a call from lowe's saying i got a job offer as long as i pass the drug test. i go in monday around noon for that. i smoked a small bowl last night (Wednesday night) around 8:30. I smoke every day but usually only a couple small bowls. at the very most, a half g in a day. I'm not big but not small, about 5'11", 180. I've read everything i could find about the saliva test, i just really need this job so i'm looking for any further info out there, if i don't smoke from now until the test that's about 4 and a half days, if i brush and rinse with mouthwash and peroxide and eat a high fat meal and all that jazz, what would you say my chances of passing are? any help is much appreciated. thanks.

20. Well don't think your gonna pass naturally, I'd get some piss from someone that's clean and use that. Or get quick fix some fake urine stuff

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app