Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saliva Drug Test question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 420Hazo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. My goodness, there are about 20 "will i pass?" threads on here a day.
    Guys, new blades, apprentice tokers, all you who fit in that category listen up.

Some basic information.

Approximate values for Detection

• For Urine: 3 to 7 days, up to >30 days after heavy use and/or in users with high body fat

• For Hair: Up to 90 Days

• For Blood/Oral Fluid: 2–3 days in blood, up to 2 weeks in blood of heavy user

So, you think water will be the fix? Well not so fast there man. The general strategy for passing urine tests is to increase your fluid intake and urine flow so as to dilute the concentration of drugs in the sample below the threshold of detection. An hour or two before the test, you should fill your bladder with fluids - as much as you can drink. While you're loading up on water before the test, you may also want to take a large dose (50-100 milligrams) of vitamin B-2, available in B-complex multivitamins (found at a local pharmacy, such as CVS/Walgreens). The purpose of this is to color your urine yellow, since otherwise you are likely to produce clear, watery urine, which makes some employers suspicious. In rare instances, some labs will reject a sample for being too watery; in this case, however, they will typically give you a second chance. The positive to this is; you have more time to let the thc naturally remove its self from your system.

So what exactly is the best way for one to know how to pass the test with flying colors?

Exercise:

Athletes have a big advantage over normal civilians. When fat is burned, THC byproducts are released into the blood. This is the only way to get THC metabolites out of lipid tissue. "Normal living will burn them slowly, as your fat reserves get turned over". Due to an athletes high metabolic rate, THC moves through an athletes system significantly faster. Exercising between drug tests will clean THC metabolites from the system at a faster rate, thus lowering the detection period. It is important to stop burning fat cells near test time. On test day, it doesn't matter what's in your lipid tissue. What's in your blood and urine does matter.

So for example; lets say your test is in 2 weeks. You are a pretty healthy person lets say 150 lb. at 5'11". If you exercise on a daily basis; particularly running, you will be moving the thc throughout your blood stream much faster than that of a person who simply sits on the couch and ponders on the question of how the fuck he will pass the test. with roughly 4 days before the test you must however stop exercising; it will let your body settle down and the normal metabolism take place.

If you feel time is running out and you have about 2-3 days. you can take it to extremes using Diuretics. Diuretics make people urinate frequently. Coffee, cranberry juice, beer, iced tea, herbal tea, and Pepsi are all good diuretics. Grapes are known to be very good diuretics. Diuretics without caffeine or alcohol are recommended because caffeine and alcohol have negative side effects. Cranberry juice is also the cheapest. Avoid salts. Herbal diuretics do better than home remedies like juices.

But you must avoid over consumption; too much liquid in the body will be water intoxication (but thats if it's severe).

Detox. A common idea before a test. The best advice is when you're at the store, dont buy just one detox. but rather two. take one two days before and one during the day of the test. This will increase your chances. But keep it in your judgement of when to actually use it.

Finally; Stop freaking out, depending on the job, most employers tend to use the cheap drug test screens and its only the high end employers such as big companies that will truly use the very scientific tests to screen. If you pass then GOOD! your gunna get paid. If you FAIL then hey let it go, if you live with your parents and are not 18 and claim you are on this website, whatever just tell them "hey i didn't get the job" you dont have to go into detail, the employer won't contact your parents either about a failed test, its to your privacy.

Good luck and read this and stop posting 20 threads a day if you pass or not!

I think that admins should sticky this here considering the amount of posts that are shown. I have been trying to get the admins to sticky this considering the useful information i have compiled from alot of research here. Please ADMINS STICKY THIS ITS HELPFUL!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attached is a list of more common liquids that people feel may help/not help pass the test taken from a medical information website from a university:

1.1 Water:

Drink at least eight hefty glasses of fluid (preferably water) just prior to the test. Many people start drinking water several days before the test; which is useless. Water does *not* clean any THC metabolites out of your system because THC is not water soluble. Water only dilutes urine temporarily. Do not over do it; you can get water intoxication. People can actually overdose and even die from water intoxication. It's very hard to do, and you'll vomit before anything gets serious.

1.2 Creatinine level:

Eating red meat will boost creatinine levels. If you eat a lot of red meat for the 3 days prior to the test, your creatinine level will be normal, and the lab won't know that you've diluted your urine sample.

1.3 Vitamin B:

Color your sample yellow by taking 50 to 100 milligrams of vitamin B. Many vitamins will work, but B-2 or B-12 (found in B-complex vitamins) are the most effective, though some will argue that vitamin C is better. This will also help if you plan to dope your sample (section 7). This does not guarantee that dilution will work. Diluted samples have been red-flagged when specific gravity and creatinine levels are tested and below normal. If you're taking vitamins at the last minute, check to see if they're time release. If so, crush it up and consume the powder. Coloring your urine isn't all that important because it's normal for people to have clear urine even when they don't consume much fluid.

1.4 Diuretics:

Diuretics make people urinate frequently. Coffee, cranberry juice, beer, iced tea, herbal tea, and Pepsi are all good diuretics. Grapes are known to be very good diuretics. Diuretics without caffeine or alcohol are recommended because caffeine and alcohol have negative side effects. Cranberry juice is also the cheapest. Avoid salts. Herbal diuretics do better than home remedies like juices.

1.5 Ultimate Blend :

This product used to be known as Test Free, but the name was changed. Ultimate Blend is a diuretic designed for the test, but works no better than other diuretics. Ultimate Blend is sold by Zydot Unlimited Inc.

1.6 Detoxify Carbo Clean :

This is a very new product, untested by a third party. It claims to absorb toxins, however, experts say that absorbing THC metabolites from fat cells is impossible. Here is a copy of the ad from Party Hut Enterprizes:

[Detox] Is a scientifically formulated carbohydrate blend that works by absorbing toxins and imuurities[sic]. It has been featured in High Times, and we are so confident of the results that we are offering a double-your-money-back guarantee for any failed results. This is the most complete program for the cleanest results! Precleanse (tm) herbal capsules are enclosed in every box of Carbo Clean. This extra advantage helps you begin cleansing the evening before the deadline. B-Complex tablets complete the program.

1.7 Naturally Klean Herbal Tea : Naturally Klean claims to clear any drug metabolites for a few hours after taking. Drink this shortly before the test. Naturally Klean was also listed as a drug screen in previous versions, but according to Nightbyrd, "it will do NOTHING to help you pass a urine test;" with the exception that it will dilute your urine. You can get Naturally Klean from Martha Butterfield-Jay Foundation or J&J Enterprizes. An anonymous user provided the ingredients list: dandelion root, burdock root, red clover top, chamomile flower, alfalfa leaf, licorice root, slippery elm inner bark, hibiscus flower, dog rose hips, natural fruit flavors. Dandelion root is said to be the effective diuretic.

1.8 Goldenseal:

Goldenseal is a plant and you can get either the root or the leaves in pill form. It's also a liquid or tea. The liquid is rumored to absorb slower than the capsules. Goldenseal is a diuretic, but works no better than other diuretics. Furthermore, NORML reports that Goldenseal is now being tested for. Taking Goldenseal is a foolish waste.

1.9 Certa or Certo:

This is an untested diuretic. Certa "has something to do with canning. Some people swear by it. Trouble is, it's always somebody else, a third party not present during the conversation, who uses it" (Pearson). I've heard rumors about people who smoked right up to the day before the test, consumed fruit pectin (a canning substance similar to Certa), and passed the test. However, there hasn't been any tests to validate those claims. Will someone with a lab at their disposal please test this stuff?

1.9.1 Vales Original Formula:

Another herbal remedy like Goldenseal. It does nothing. The water you must take with it does everything Vales claims to do.

1.9.2 Lasix: Take an 80 milligram dose of prescription diuretic lasix (furosemide). Prescription diuretics are the most potent. Some over the counter diuretics will color your urine blue and should be avoided. WARNING! -Diuretics can be harmful to people with kidney problems, pregnant women, and diabetics.-

1.9.3 Vinegar:

There is a myth that drinking vinegar will mask drugs; it won't. However, vinegar lowers the pH of urine. Amphetamines are excreted up to 3 times as fast when urine is acidified. So vinegar could reduce the detection time period for amphetamines. The effects on detection time are generally insignificant, and it in my opinion it really wouldn't be worth it to drink vinegar. If you do decide to drink vinegar, I hear it's easiest to get a shot glass and do it in shots. It will cause diarrhea.

1.9.4 Dexatrim:

There is a myth that taking phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim's active ingredient) will work. It won't. In fact, Dexatrim is a false positive, and may work against you. The myth may have originated because Dexatrim was claimed to speed metabolism. However, the fact that Dextrim causes a positive makes it useless.

1.9.5 Fiber:

A high fiber diet will help by redirecting fat soluble metabolites to the colon rather than bladder. "THC is eliminated primarily in the stool via bile acids. Both EMIT and RIA detect a secondary metabolite which is reabsorbed from the intestines. Thus a person with a high fiber diet will excrete a majority of THC [metabolites] in the stool" (anon1). A fiber-based laxitive will also help by binding bile-acids. Use caution. Fiber laxitives can alter one's bowel schedule and lead to dependancy.

1.9.6 Vitamin lecithin:

A recent method that's still under development is to take vitamin lecithin. This vitamin breaks down your stored fat and disperses it into your blood stream, to help clean out drugs that store themselves in lipid tissue, such as THC. NORML recommends taking Lecithin right up to the day of the test. To me it sounds as though this would work against you because by putting THC back in your blood stream, you are increasing metabolites in the urine.

Someone has suggested that you take vitamin lecithin on a regular basis to clean lipids of THC metabolites. Then quit before the test, which seems to make more sense. It MAY be useless to take lecithin supplements orally. I've been told that the digestive system breaks it down too much before entering the blood stream. Most aren't willing to take vitamins intravenously. (If you do decide to take lecithin, you might as well take B5 with it. B5 aids in the process of turning lecithin into acetylcholine.) Another solution is to take nutrients which help the body manufacture lecithin. Lipotrophics cause the liver to produce lecithin. A good source for this information is Austin Nutritional Research page.

GOOD LUCK!GOOD LUCK!GOOD LUCK!GOOD LUCK!GOOD LUCK!
    [​IMG]

2. very good thread i hope this gets stickied im tried off all the "will i pass" threads

3. Yes! thanks man for the support; It's not that im against people asking; im just tired of looking around the GC forums and getting "will i pass" on the new threads column appear 20 times you know?

I really hope they sticky it :)

4. nice post man. great facts thanks

+rep

5. this waters down the forum too much. they should make a thread section for legal troubles with the herb such as "i got caught" or things like this.

6. I have a question.

I'm rather out of shape, 6ft and 240lbs+ and am a rather infrequent smoker, about 1 or 2 times a month, maybe. I rarely do anything besides lift weights an hour a day and cut the grass out in the HOT Florida sun twice weekly. How long do you think THC will stay in my system? I ask because I'm going to be looking for jobs this summer.

7. Well if you ask me; start looking for summer jobs now and stop smoking now also , because you dont want to take a chance. some jobs require drug tests and others dont. for example i used to lifeguard and i didn't have to take a test. but i stopped anyways because i wasn't sure if i needed it.

How long will the thc stay in your system? well considering your smoking only 1 to 2 times a month, not very long at all maybe a week or two, but you really will be fine. If your applying for a job dont smoke at minimum 2 weeks before you apply is my best advice. but it's different for everyone considering how often you smoke. How Much you smoke, like a bowl or 2 bowls or even just a hit....it's all different for everyone.

8. If you fail a drugtest for a job does it go on any record? I usually just quit for a month before applying...

9. #9 420Hazo, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    Probably just company records, but as far as i know they aren't allowed to release any information to other companies because everything on a application must remain confidential in nature. Much like social security numbers when given to employers, they have to remain private or else you're talking major govt. fines toward the company. and telling someone about your drug test results isn't worth a million dollar fine for the company. (million dollars w/ exaggeration of course)

10. Suuubscribed!!

11. So here's a fun little scenario. I smoked friday night, almost a full blunt. Saturday I finished the roach, sunday I smoked two small bowls of shake. It's now Wednesday and tomorrow I plan to take a drug test. I've been working out, sweat sessions (hoodie while doing cardio) and drinking lots of water.

How do my chances look?

I'm 6'0, 149

12. I have a drug test coming up but not sure if it is a hair or urine test. By the time I take the test i will not have smoked for 92 days. the last time i smoked I only took about 5 hits and don't remember being that high. before that the last time I smoked was 3 months prior. I am also into body building and work out 4-6 times a week. for the past 6 years I have shaved my head about every 2 or 3 weeks and trimed all of my body hair to under and inch every month. I'm just wondering if I will be alright if they hair test me. my hair also grows very fast. I have read that your hair needs to be 1.5 inches in length and like I said I currently have no hair on my body that is that long. I'm worried that they will be suspicious because all of my hair is so short but I honestly have always done that (not just to avoid hair tests). What do you guys think.

13. THC in urine samples is measured in PPMs (parts per million) even though the tests results say 'pos' or 'neg'. In the US, for any government job, a PPM higher than 15 will come out positive. For non government (private sector) jobs, most test read POS above 50ppm.

14. This should be a sticky! great info man

15. I hate to be a dick and say this passing drug tests is ridiculously easy. In fact, even the most "secure" urine tests only tests for five things that you have to be worried about.

1. Marijuana metabolite: AKA THC. The only, and I mean ONLY failproof method of testing negative for THC (besides abstinence) is dilution. That means you have to drink absurd amounts of water. You will throw up before you drink enough for it to be toxic.

Note that #1 is the only step necessary to pass the cheap tests, the ones you find in a drug store that use a cup.

2. Creatinine levels. Some labs will test the amount of creatinine in your urine. The body produces small amounts of this naturally, and when urine is diluted, the levels are low and the sample is rejected as diluted. To combat this, take a creatine supplement starting a few days before the test. It metabolizes in about 24-48 hours, so no point starting more than 2 days in advance. Also, you can't take the supplement three hours before the test and expect to not be diluted. Take about 5g at a time.

3. Specific gravity: some labs test for the specific gravity of your urine. If your urine is too diluted with water, the lab may reject the sample. To combat this, eat 8-10 tums between one and two hours before the test. The mineral complex of tums will increase the specific gravity of your urine and prevent diluted samples.

4. pH: some labs also test for pH. This is nothing to worry about, you will only have your sample rejected if you added something to your urine (in the cup).

5: Nitrites: some labs test for this also. Again, nothing to worry about unless you add something to the cup such as whizzers.

That's it. You're done. I have been in a drug diversion program for 14 weeks now, getting drug tested on random days every week. I still smoke almost daily. I have never failed, and I have never had a diluted test. (Save the first week when I didn't know what I was doing). This is a court mandated drug test, you better believe they "know all the tricks" and try to stop them.

Optionally, taking a B vitamin supplement a few hours before the test will turn your urine neon yellow. This is not necessary but will prevent suspicion, as your urine will come out clear if you follow the above steps.

Also, aspirin has been known to cause false negatives. A few pills about an hour before the test can't hurt.

Don't buy any detox products, they are scams and don't work. The whole kit I've been using for literally months cost 32.50 for the creatine, tums, aspirin, and B vitamins. Each detox drink will probably cost you just as much.

16. Thanks a bunch, really great thread.
    Nice to have all the basics outlined, so somebody (like me!) can read over it and know all the steps that have to be taken, and when, and how they may cause conflict with the test.

great job man.

17. Thanks for the thread bro we gotta sticky this

18. This is an excellent thread, unfortunately, the OP misses the point that there is one unfallible method that takes significantly less effort and costs much less. The method I posted above is absolutely foolproof and flawless, given the current standards used in drug tests.

The only other method close is the whizzinator, the plastic urine filled dildo you strap around your waist to dispense clean urine when necessary. However, even that has the risk of being seen.

The method I posted above is absolutely foolproof, so much so that I cannot believe that I have been beating the court system week in and week out with absolutely zero chance of ever being caught.

Oh and detox drinks are a scam.
    And the diuretics will only work against the cheap drug store cup tests, as any lab tests for dilution.

19. #19 kG_Blazed, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    One month I smoked 2 ounces, the majority to myself. I passed a drug test in 7 days without using any adulterants. I was on probation for two years and never stopped smoking. I never failed a drug test.

1. Diet - Lean Meats (Poultry, Fish), Fruits/Vegetables (Stop Eating Fruits 3 Days Before Test), Whole Grains, Daily Multivitamin (Adds Color to Urine). Get plenty of Proteins/Anti-oxidants. No alcohol, no soda, no cigarettes, no fast food, no red meat. WATER. I can't stress this enough. DRINK WATER. You want to be voiding as much as possible the days leading up to your test.

2. Exercise - 3 Miles a Day at a Slow-Moderate Pace. You want to keep your heart rate down just a little, to enable maximum fat burning. If you're serious about getting clean weight lifting everyday (alternating between Upper/Lower body). Not only does weight lifting speed up your metabolism in the short term, but the more muscle you have on your frame, the faster your resting metabolic rate will be.

3. Sleep - Get 8 Hours. Give your body the proper rest it needs to work properly. In a study that was conducted last year, patients who slept for only 5 hours a night saw fat loss reduced by as much as 50%.

4. Home Testing Kits - Buy them!!! I like the First Check ones. At about $20 per test, it's invaluable to know if you're clean or not. Remember, no matter how faint a line may appear, if it's there then you're in the clear!

5. The Drug Test - First, 24-36 hours before your test stop exercising. At this point, you want to slow down your metabolism enough so that it stops burning fat. The morning of the test you should eat one, big, greasy fast food meal. It's important to take your multivitamin as well. You want to take the test at around your 3rd void of the day. Take the test before this, and your urine will be too concentrated. Take the test too far after this, and you run the risk of dilution. You want to fill the cup mid-stream. The beginning and end of your void are the most concentrated.

6. The Lab - Whether you are taking a pre-employment screening, a test for probation, or even a home test, they are all regulated the same. On the testing form (if there is one), it might look something like this: SAP 10-50 GC/MS. This means you are taking a (S)ubstance (A)buse (P)anel test, with 10 panels total, and a cutoff of 50 nanograms of THC per milliliter of urine. What does this mean for you? Well, you don't have to be 110% clean. Just close. Now, if your sample fails the initial screening, and ONLY if your sample fails the initial screening, they will then run a (G)as (C)hromatography-(M)ass (S)pectrometry confirmation test on the sample. This is used to identify different substances, even unknown substances, within a sample. The cutoff limit for this test is 15 nanograms of THC per milliliter. This is a great reason why detox drinks will never work. Even if you manage to fool the initial screening, and they were unable to find any adulterants in your sample, the best result you can hope for is a negative dilute.

and the whizz is a good product. it's perfect for employment drug screens, probly the most convenient.

20. good post! this is very helpful.