Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saliva Drug Test question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 420Hazo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Can anyone speak on the effectiveness of Palo Azul and if it really works? I'm about an average-ish sized guy? Im about 5'7 and weigh about 145..been clean for nearly 10 days and have a drug test in 12 more days. Any and all input would be helpful, thanks blades.

2. All drug tests are not created equal and everyone's different.  If you want to feel confident in the answer, get a home test strip, drink 64oz H2O and test yourself.  Usually if a method works, everyone would do it and they would have to devise a new test.  With dilution as you plan to do everyone does it so that's indicative that it works, at least to some degree.  If the place uses a simple dipstick test, like the home tests, the results of your home test should approximate the results of the real test.

3. Anyone? I'm 6'2" and weigh 215 pounds. I've been smoking 1-3 grams a week since mid October, some weeks I smoke a little more and some weeks I don't smoke at all. How long do you think it will take to pass a piss test? I need this job VERY badly. I will do whatever it takes. Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.

Pimp your elevations

4. Reading that Zoloft isnt a Benzodiazepines but has caused false positives? How worried should I be? I used my moms urine and when I came out of the bathroom I saw the nurse check that it was in the correct temperature range and no suspicious activity was observed. I was pretty nerved up and still am, but from what I have gathered there is less/about 20% of zoloft causing a false positiive. Just blazed a couple bongs and im still nerved all up. I took my test on Monday, and my start date given to me was the 24th.

If I failed how quickly would I hear? I don't know why I just got a good feeling about this, because Zoloft isn't a Benzodiazepines.

5. #3865 chickenoregg, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    The method I got was able to pass a high-profile drug test, I ASSUME, meaning the method is basically what my friend(s) on probation did when asked by their Probation Officer to come with them to take a drug test. Although for a screening for a job working at a mall or shopping center like Target I was told by a friend they send you to a local clinic to be screened, I would assume the Police drug testing is stricter than some clinic in the neighborhood.

The method was just drink around a gallon or more of water within 24-48 hours of the test and take some vitamin b complex the day of to make it yellow. Hopefully it works. Also, working out and sweating is a good option.

6. Very considerate mom to give you her urine for your test.  I'm no so sure you need to worry about Zoloft.  Even if it did cause a false pos it would be sent off for confirmation which do not have a false positives.  As far as when you find out, who knows?  If you pass you may never hear the results

7. #3867 WakeNBake990, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014

My mom is the bomb, she do just about anything for me. It was only like a 10 min drive from her place to the testing site. Used a pill bottle and toe warmers,kept it perfect tempt and got the box no suspicious activity observed checked and the temp in correct range box. Yea I'm just worried about them asking me if I have a prescription for Zoloft, since my mom is using. From my research Zoloft doesn't fall under the 9 panel but has caused false positives..so would they call me out on that. I also read Aleve could give a false positve for Benzodiazepines..so if they call me out on that I was going to say I took a quite a few aleve early in the morning cause I had a headache (my test was at 9ish). Waiting is nerve racking, I got a start date of Monday and I haven't been able to tell family if I have a job yet and they're getting inpatient.

8. You're missing a point.  Almost all urine tests is a screening test which can show a false positive although rarely.  All positive screening tests are sent to an advanced lab for confirmation.  This confirmation test does not have false positive, so if the screening test had a false pos for benzodiazepines the advanced confirmation test would simply show a negative, not what made the false positive on the screening test. They wouldn't ask you for a script for the Zoloft because nothing would tell them you (your mom) takes Zoloft.  Don't worry about false positives.

Makes sense, thank you man. I just been crapping bricks since the test. I'm really confident now.

10. @[member="420Hazo"] congrats on the nursing gig. Fun field, hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my Event using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'm a habitual smoker.
    Get called by my caseworker that all that's left to close my case is to pass a urine test. (First time they tried back in November, couldn't pee, and they switched it to a saliva test)
    It's not a lab test, I believe they use one of those little 5-panel tests.
    I've been reading post after post and I've seen it all:
    Fruit Pectin (Sure Jell, Certo)
    Niacin
    Zinc
    Asprin
    B-12 vitamins
    Creatine
    Lots of Water
    Energy Drinks
    etc.

I'm 5'10'' and weigh roughly 190lbs.
    I don't excersize but I have a job that's fast paced and requires me to move around alot (just so you guys don't assume I'm a couch potato for not excersizing lol)
    I've read that it takes up to 30 days for heavy usage.
    Over the past 30 days I probably smoke, on average, 0.2g-0.4g of "good" bud (not by medicial standards but close) a day.
    I don't eat alot and I usually eat 1-2 times a day.

I got the call Wednesday afternoon and instantly put the bong down. My test is afternoon on Friday.
    I've read that I should excersize up to 2 days before the test so that opportunity is out the window.
    I've done nothing but eat fruits and over the past 24 hours I have consumed about 100oz of water, 40 oz of cranberry juice, last night 500mg of Niacin, this morning a One-A-Day mens vitamin, and 2 boxes of Sure Jell (I have two boxes of Sure Jell and 2 packets of Certo for the day of). I also plan on taking 4 aspirin (in the form of BC powder) and some Zinc on the day of, as well as a packet of Certo the night before and the day of.

Any suggestions on what else I can do? (excluding the trolls, bleach, visine, substitution, synthetic, "shouldnt have smoked", and head shop drinks) Or am I going a little overboard?
    Thank you all.

12. I have a start date of the 24th (Monday) and I took my DT on the 17th (Monday). I called the HR today about some paperwork they wanted me to have done for the 1st day because one piece had a different due date and I didn't know if they wanted me to wait for the first day to do it, so that was my excuse for calling. I then asked at the end just wanted to make sure we were all set for Monday.

I got an email back telling me to fill the paper work out on-line, bring my two forms of ID and that they looked forward to seeing me on Monday. Good chance they have my test back now, right?

13. hey guys, do you think I'll be able to pass this test:

So, I've smoked marijuana about 3 times before. twice, out of a small bowl, and one shared blunt between 2 other people. this all happened from about september to december. the last time i smoked was about 3 months ago. I should be all clean from that but, recently, i was in a closed car with two friends who were smoking marijuana. one blunt and they were smoking for about 10-20 minutes. that was around 13 days ago. I haven't scheduled an appointment yet, but i plan to go to meps around early april. do you think there is any chance of me failing the test if my drug test is on April 7, and the last time i was exposed to (didn't smoke) was on the 7th of march?

14. Good luck.  You will need plenty of it.  Your best bet is to not be able to pee again and hope for another saliva test.  Test yourself after you have done all the stuff you plan on doing and see where you're at.

Yes, No

15. so my meps date is probably gonna be on the 31st now. Am I still alright, or should I be worrying and try to mask the thc?

16. At this point you have no THC to mask, and haven't since about 3 days after you smoked in December.  And yes, I saw the part where you were hot-boxed.

17. ok, just making sure. so the hot-boxing wouldn't even matter? alright, I'll take your word and hopefully i'll pass. thanks

18. #3878 Jojo0420, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    @[member="anthony59237"]

@[member="llatikcuf"] is correct.

But you don't have to take his word for it. Go to your local drug store and buy a drug test. They sell just a THC test.
    Then YOU will know. Is $5-$10 worth some peace of mind?

19. yeah, but I heard the lab test was stronger. That's why I was concerned.

20. Hey, I posted this in a another thread, just found this one so I'll post it again if thats alright!

Male
    5'11
    155 lbs
    Muscular build/ fast metabolism
    Fairly active (running, gym time, snowboarding, work)
    Last use was 7 days ago, a couple hoots off a joint while snowboarding.

My home test was a Neg, which means I passed..

I'm not a very active toker. I can make 2g's last a couple weeks. The only times I do smoke is when I'm driving my co worker home. We'll have a joint or a small bowl. Other than that, it's just a couple hoots here and there. Nothing like a quarter a week or something of that quantity. If that was the case, I would be worried about passing a drug test in anything less than 2 weeks without use, even with optimal conditions. If that is the case though, get your ass in gear, lay off the dope. You're looking at a very long road ahead of yourself. Depending on your body type, dedication and luck..

To start, you must know how that THC is stored in your body, in your fat cell tissues. If you don't know the mechanics I highly suggest you do some research and gain a bit of knowledge to help yourself become a more mature smoker. After all, this is still considered a drug and should be handled with responsibility.

So, the THC metabolites, are stored in fat cells. Your ultimate goal for this detox is to cycle out your fat tissues. This process happens naturally and is called the Randle cycle. It involves all the organs in your body, as they all play a role in getting rid of the fatty tissue. You eat, body converts it to fat, work that fat off, it goes through your system, liver, kidneys intestines, and out. Rinse repeat. The heavier set a person is, the more they will need to work. The skinnier the person is the better, higher metabolism and rate of refresh. Da truth..

There are a few ways of speeding this process up. To start, Exercise! Sweat your god damn balls off!  Run, bike and weight lift. Play hockey, soccer  and football. Anything that will get them salty bullets running down your forehead. You need to have some mad cardio going to break down the fat.  Being active is fun as hell and rewarding as fuck.  Eat lean meals. If you have to hit up a grocery store, GO NOW! Eggs, chicken, fish, nuts, fibrous eats, whole grain pastas and rice, orange juice or any juice with high acidity will help. We all learned how to eat healthy in school, if you didn't, well the internet has an infinite amount of resources to help you with that. Stay hydrated. As other have said, Gator Aid is a god send. You need your liquids, and your electrolytes. This is a perfect tool for aiding your body with flushing out the bad stuff. I've heard steam rooms, saunas, epsom salt baths are a good way of going about speeding up this process. 

Staying active will help kick start your metabolism and keep it running on full power. Which is critical to the Randle cycle if you want it to do its thing, and process the metabolites you are trying to get rid of. I cannot stress that enough, if you're a couch potato playing COD while stoned all day and you're trying to pass a test. Good fucking luck. Shit takes effort son. Smoking cigs and drinking alcohol will also slow your metabolism, not saying quit those, just keep that in mind.

Also note. Those quick fix drinks don't work, shits just to scam people. Cranberry juice doesn't work, as with any other detox foods along those lines that will only clear out your urinary track, where the THC is NOT present. You do not need to drink a million liters of water either, just keep hydrated, but I guess the more you flush your bladder the less chance of having trace amounts of anything in your pee is a good thing, but it will not help you lose fat.

Now I advise you spend your 60 bucks of weed money on a home test kit or two. Use one when you think you are clear to make sure, and try to use one the day before your test. Always use the first pee of the day and use a mid-stream sample with the home test to give you the optimal urine sample. If you pass with that, you're golden for your real test. Drinking a buncha water or gator aid during the day of your exam, and obviously don't use your first pee of the day on that test.  Also try and relax the day before the test as to not burn any fat which may get tracked into your bladder by morning.  Your pee should be clean and THC free for the actual test.

I hope you have taken these things into consideration, and also, everyone who contributed to this thread, good on ya! The more you know the better you go, or what ever, I dono. I highly suggest before you ask a question on this thread, read the whole thing first, your question might be answered. It also helps us answer your question if you're more specific and shows you have an actual idea of what the topic is. Sorry for the long ass read, but I hope this helps. If I'm wrong about anything here, I'm open to criticism, and would like to hear your thoughts.