safety

Discussion in 'General' started by StoninBassist, Feb 26, 2007.

1. jw whos takes the safety off their lighters? i usually take these things off because they give me blisters and sometimes when im really baked it takes me awhile to get it. was kinda shocked when i hung out with my usual crowd today and noticed most people had the safety on. i thought everyone took em off

2. Shit, I'd take mine off if I knew how. Is there an easy way to do it?

3. I usually leave it on since I don't know an easy way to take them off without taking off the whole silver fire guard thing off. I have on that doesn't have it only because it's a chepo lighter and never had one at all. I usually don't experience blisters though...just hard to light when I;m baked sometimes.

4. First get your lighter and a screwdriver
    [​IMG]

Pull the safety up with the screwdriver

[​IMG]

Pull the safety up until it comes undone from the lighter

[​IMG]

Bend down the metal that was previously pried up.

[​IMG]

Now you have a easy to use lighter.

5. i know how.
    You need a knife.
    Look at your lighter from the top veiw.
    You should see two pins holding the safty down kinda.
    Put ur knife under 1 at a time and pry the pins so they are pointing up.
    Then put your knife under the saftey and pry the safety up through the pins till you can grap it . then wiggle it back and fourth till it loosens and you can pop it out.
    Oh yeah push the pins back to their flat when your done.
    Goo Luck.

P.S. im high.
    But it works.

6. I take them off first thing I buy it. Any sharp metallic object works, but i removed it with a plastic pencil once.
    you don't need to be really careful, hook the part that's over the wheel and just pry it away, then as once side comes off, grab a hold of it and pull it away.

7. i have a little pile of safetys in my computer desk (how the fuck do you spell droor haha)

8. i always take them off

9. Drawer yo,

btw i didnt use to do that but after it gave me listers i said fuck that.

10. i take it off... it makes shit soo much easier.

11. A fork, get a prong under it and yank that mother and sigh happily as you hear the satisfying sound of it pinging around the room

They're a complete pain in the ass :p

12. Yeah I just stick a knife from the side and pry it out.

I hate them, they do no good for what they are suppose to do. Just annoy the shit out of you.

13. I don't normally carry a knife anymore....

So instead of using a knife - I've learned to use a key. I always have my keys - so I never need a special tool.

14. Arg, im hated those things! I just dont even buy lighters with that safety crap on them anymore. My poor thumb...

15. What's the safety? Is it that metal ring?

16. Yes. That horrible metal ring on some lighters that makes u press down hard just to light it. A bitch when stoned indeed.

17. Quite honestly, I usually leave them on these days. They simply do not bother me that much any more.

If I do feel the sudden urge to play around with a springy piece of metal (Frequent occurence) I pry the bastard off with my home key.