Safer marijuana disposal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psycicmind, Dec 10, 2012.

1. #1 psycicmind, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    Just thought I'd start a thread for those indoor growers who are trying to figure out ways to dispose of male plants/ left over plant matter after harvest.

I thought I'd post my ideas first, and hopefully everyone will have lots of ideas.

#1 put the plant through the garbage disposal
    #2 use the leftover trim in edibles (I don't recommend this every time however) I only have so much money for food & or cooking materials. If there's CBD in the leaves one could make a CBD tincture out of trim.
    #3 If you don't have a garbage disposal, you can buy a juicer. It grinds everything up so fine, that when you put it in the trash there's no way to tell what it is.

any other ideas?

2. take it to the local recycling center and throw it in the fkn huge containers marked " garden waste"

Just make sure you take it down with a load of other junk, so you are not just dumping a few bag.

Failing that, find a secluded spot and kill the with fire.

3. not a bad idea Gordon. However I'd be worried other people knew what I was depositing and would probably trip out. Getting busted can make you pretty paranoid.

4. A few details would be nice. :smoking::hello::smoking:

5. if you're worried about smell you can dry it out really well, then re-wet it and dry it out again quickly..this will reduce a ton of the smell....kinda like water curing weed. I compost mine too.
    *I have a compost bin in the backyard.

I've also saved it up and thrown it on the campfire...that was pretty cool.

6. true mate, but i doubt anyone at the recycling center cares what u are putting in the bins.

The fire idea is a goodun mate, half a litre of petrol across your waste, a match, and bang the dirt is gone.

7. you're probably right, most people don't care what you're recycling.

Unfortunately it only takes one snitch to ruin everything. See, weed is a good thing, if more snitches smoked more weed, they'd be too lazy to snitch.
    but where you live is an important factor. (if you live in a state where it's illegal it can be an issue)

8. #9 trichome fiend, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012

...my bad, I shouldn't assume everyone knows what compost is :eek:
    ...it's really simple bro....what I do is, I use a 50 gallon tote...I dump all my used soil and leaves into this tote (be sure the soil has never had synthetic fertilizers added to it)....I add rock dust (azomite), earth worm castings, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, green sand, exc....keep your pile moist, and move it around every couple weeks....after a couple months, all the plant material will be gone and the soil will be teaming with microbes again :D, ready to be use again, and again, and again!

...get creative, add all kinds of plant materials, guanos, worms...the more diverse the microbe herd the better.
    ...any plant material can be composted and turned into plant food.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I usually take my waste to my parents house when they are out of town, and spread old soil in the woods, and burn the rest of the garbage. Makes for a stinky fire though, but their neighbors are pretty spread out.

10. I would also mention that its much safer to throw away the trash in a forest or public dumpster(EX: dumpster at an apt. complex) than in YOUR trash or anyone you know.

11. I find a public dumpster and look up the trash collection schedule. Then I drop off my bag of goodies in the morning of the trash pick up day.

12. I just dig a hole in my garden and dump it all in there at night time and then cover up and go back in a few months and turn it over.

13. I use a fire. Hasn't ever smelled, just make sure the fire is already rolling. Other then that I agree with compost pile.

IMO, don't use other people's dumpsters, for a couple reasons. For one, it really seems like something that is done by someone who has never had to pay their own trash bill and 2. It's not rare for the owner of that dumpster to get off busting people illegally dumping whether it's normal trash or weed plants. Cameras and more are pretty common.

14. compost those babies with coffee grounds, veggie scraps, toilet paper rolls, leaves.....good black gold for the outdoor grows. :)

15. Burn it in a fire on my property when I burn pine needles and other yard waste. But I live in an area where its legal pretty much, and its harder to find a friend who DOENST grow than one that does.

16. I take any plant material to the local dump, wrapped in a few seperate bags. There is always a line at the local dump, so by the time they found a bags of leaves ten other people already came through behind you. They also compact it every few minutes. No way anyone is digging through that stuff.

Soil gets recycled for house plants, or tossed in the woods.

17. I put mine in a box in the trash and throw it away....seriously how many people are gonna rummage through trash to find out where some old dried out plant matter came from....

18. Does no one make hash with their trim or someshit

19. [quote name='"ohchit"']Does no one make hash with their trim or someshit[/quote]

I make hash but you still got to get rid of the trim afterwards.