Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safe to smoke zippo fluid?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Cypresshill18, May 17, 2012.

1. Usually I'll burn down with a bic lighter but lately I've been wanted to smoke with my zippo. Is it okay to be pulling gravity's with zippo fuel?

2. Not at all, and it will have a nasty taste.

3. [quote name='"EasternSmoker"']Not at all, and it will have a nasty taste.[/quote]

Thanks man

4. I've always wondered this, great question. I always felt like pulling from a zippo would be bad for you so I never tried it! Anybody who has experience I'm very curious! Thanks for posting the question!

P.S.
    Cypress Hill fucking rocks. Roll it up, light it up, smoke it up :smoking:

EDIT:
    Damnit, in the 10 seconds I write this somebody posts and you already respond haha.

5. Its gonna taste shitty

6. [quote name='"OmegleMeister"']I've always wondered this, great question. I always felt like pulling from a zippo would be bad for you so I never tried it! Anybody who has experience I'm very curious! Thanks for posting the question!

P.S.
    Cypress Hill fucking rocks. Roll it up, light it up, smoke it up :smoking:

EDIT:
    Damnit, in the 10 seconds I write this somebody posts and you already respond haha.[/quote]

Haha man at least you tried to be the first responder. Props for the cypress hill comment they're all I listen to anymore. Hits from the bong FTW!

7. I've done it before when I'm too lazy/stoned to go buy a new Bic.

It'll get you where you're going but I'd recommend something to drink to wash the butane taste out of your mouth between hits.

8. Dont do it man lol, ive smoked a bong with a zippo 1 time, it was shit and harsh

9. I did it once not really considering the possible awful taste and lets say I figured out the hard way...

I'd say don't do it, it tastes horrid and really irritated my throat for about and hour or two.

10. Yeah I feel now like zippo's are more for cigars,fancy looks and maybe survival type situations. I'll stick to bic when I'm pulling giant gravs haha

11. Zippo's are for cigarettes

Matches are for cigars

Hemp wick is for bud

12. #12 Slapbassist531, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012

/disagree. It's about the fuel. Posted in a thread similar to this the other day actually. It is all about the fuel. Another poster bore witness to what I brought up - the pipe zippo. Has two big holes on either side, versus top, specifically for pipe-smokers (tobacco). And guy said tobacco pipe-smokers are more critical of taste than most any other crowd. It's all about the fuel (but having the pipe insert makes big difference too. Windproof beyond all getout).

Used a friends with the pipe-zippo back in Jan, was just as good if not better than any bic. I don't taste any difference with bics vs match (burn off sulfur first), and I didn't taste a difference between those (bic) vs pipe lighter either. Pipe lighter is nicer on account of lightability regardless of wind.

Guy mentioned getting "zippo black" fluid, or some type of zippo fluid in a black bottle. Big difference in it (tasteless) versus the average white/yellow fuel bottles.

So it's definitely safe, but make sure to spend extra coin to get the proper fluid for your zippo.

13. Go ahead it'll taste a bit chemically though