Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safe to smoke joint in neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Chillumss, Dec 8, 2010.

1. I live in a small neighborhood, houses are pretty close to eachother. It loops around in a big circle. Would the smell be noticeable if i kept walking while blazing? I would prefer doing this than sitting in my car because i don't wanna be confined, and it would be perfect for a sunny day.

2. Obviously you know your neighborhood better than us. If you walk by someone smoking a joint yes they will smell it.

3. i just hear of people doing it all the time, like around campus and shit. idk how u don't get noticed.

4. It all depends on the people who live in your neighborhood. Do you think they would care if they smelled weed?

5. Most people I know could give a shit so toke on, worse case scenerio you have to eat a joint which sounds like a win win for me. My very... VERY old neighbor was outside when I was walking to school with my bubbler in my hand, all you have to do is smile and act like nothing has changed and they seem to respond well

6. #6 shatteredpan, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in? If it’s real chill, laid back, neighbor’s mostly stay out of each other’s business, you should be good. Just light up and, yeah, keep walking. But if it’s one of those nosy, ‘we call the police on anything we see’ types of neighborhoods… I would bite the bullet and smoke in your car, it’s better then going to jail (though I don’t know if your state has it decriminalized, you sound concerned about it, so I’m gonna go with no).

If you’re willing to eat the joint, though, even if the cops do get called, all they can do if they smell it, is search you. If you get rid of the evidence (and don’t let them see you do it), you should be good.

And yes, if someone is close enough to you, they will smell it. It's very possible they'll smell it even if they're just out in their yard and you're on the sidewalk.

7. Ok eating a lit joint is not a win sitution...

8. get a dugout man. its quick and easy. 1-2 hits, you can even reload it if necessary, but it looksl ike a cigarette so youd be good to go

9. I know a lot of people who smoke on campus, but they find a nice secluded spot and do it in one location, not walk around blowing smoke everywhere. :rolleyes:

10. #10 Chief Smokalottapiff, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
    Yea but nobody's gonna do anything about it. I doubt anyone would even call the cops. I smoke blunts walking around like i fucking own this town(suburbs of philly, not poor and definetly not upper class, like lower-middle class. in other words i live ten minutes from the hood) and ive never gotten shit from anyone. people dont even say shit to me and i know they can smell it.

Its not like some crazy dad is gonna chase you down and beat you for smokin on his block. Nobodys gonna do shit, so you might as well go smoke that j wherever you please like it is perfectly fucking legal. I do it all the time and have never gotten caught. A couple of times i've had to eat a lit dutch because a cop pulled up, but then he dont got shit on me.

So basically the worst case scenario is you would have to eat part of a lit joint. Still scared?:wave::smoke:

Edit: stickyikymarley thats so fucking weird! "worst case scenario you have to eat a joint"...your post wasnt even there when i started typing mine. great minds think alike

11. I would smoke while walking instead of smoking in your car. You get caught in your car and you get a bunch of DUI shit on top of possession and stuff.

I probably wouldn't smoke while walking either. I think this is safer than doing it in your car, but it's got risks. If I did it, I would definitely get a pipe instead of a joint. Then while you're walking, you can take a hit, exhale, and then keep walking to vacate the area. If you have a joint the smell is constantly following you where you walk.

I would find a dark spot with more than one exit where you can see around you. Then if someone gets within range to smell it, you can slip out the backside if needbe. I don't know you're neighborhood, but there's gotta be some safer spots that you may not have noticed.

12. if you know anything about your neighbors you should be able to tell, if they are stuck up or old timers I wouldn't if they are younger and know you, and think youre a good kid not a trouble maker. Also dont make it extremely noticeable or smoke some really skunky bud I don't think they would report you or call the police.

just because Im paranoid in a smart way and dont do things that have above normal risks I would avoid that.