Safe to Smoke after Wisdom Teeth??

Discussion in 'General' started by ShaggyandtheBaggy, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hey guys I'm new to this so i really do apologize if this topic has been talked about before hand i just had a hard time finding it. But my boy came over tonight and we were gonna blow but he had just had his wisdom teeth taken out last friday. Its wednesday now, so do you think he'd be good to smoke or would it mess up the scabs and all that? Again sorry if this is a previously discussed topic and thanks for your time!

2. Dentist should've told you it's a bad idea b/c smoking can cause dry sockets-- air gaps in your gum occur when you apply suction. You also cannot use straws.

3. he should be good i know the dry socket occurs but i think thats mainly for the first 48-72 hours

could be wrong

4. I wouldn't risk it man.

5. Just don't risk it

6. I smoked like 6-8 hours after I had mine pulled.

I just put gauze over the wounds and inhaled very gently. No dry sockets.

7. well he said he's at the point where he can use a straw and can chew food normally, he just has the scabs there now if that makes any difference

8. Wait until the two week mark man. He's almost in the clear, it'd be a shame to have to start re-scabbing from scratch. Just wait it out, unless of course... You like to gamble where you bet pain and misery.

9. I toked after losing my wisdom teeth and I got lucky, I guess... I shouldn't have, but I survived so it is possible

10. You do NOT want to risk dry socket. It is a long and painful experience.

I would advise waiting it out, for at least a week post-op. That's speaking strictly from my experience.

11. hes so stuck between this decision its actually kinda funny hahah but thanks for all your guys advice its much appreciated