Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safe to clean bong with Methylated Spirits (Denatured alcohol)?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tezza12, Jan 30, 2017.

?

Safe to clean with methylated spirits?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know

100.0%
  5. Can you repeat the question?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I can't get isopropyl alcohol, just wanted to know is it fine for me to clean my pieces with methylated spirits (Denatured alcohol) + salt + rinse with hot water

2. If you can't get isopropyl alcohol then you live in a place that doesn't have a single pharmacy, grocery store, or convenience store of any kind, so my only question is how is the internet out there?

3. Yes it's safe to use denatured alcohol. Just wash with warm soapy water afterward and your good. Any organic solvent will work, some being easier to wash away than others. If you're still curious ask again in two weeks. If after a hot soapy rinse it still smells like cleaner stick it in the oven on low for a while. You are talking about glass pieces, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks for reply man, ended up going with different cleaning method but. Vinegar + Baking Soda + Salt + Dish Soap.

Yeah got 2 new glass pieces from Grasscity, been loving them :smoke: