Safe to chop?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brumac, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Friend of mines bud, wondering when he should harvest. We checked the trichomes but I don't see any amber, or any really milky for that matter. I waited to long on my own personal grow and the damn things popped seeds. Some genetics make them pollinate themselves as a last ditch effort for survival (or so I've heard). I did get ALL feminized seeds though. Anyway...based on this picture anyone think its ok to go ahead and chop?

Attached Files:

2. If your not even seeing AT LEAST milky trichs i'd say wait a little longer.

3. I'm scared it will self pollinate because it came from my strain. I never really saw alot of milky trich's on mine, but it was the best smoke I've ever had.

4. Is it a hermaphrodite..? don't look like one based on ur pic.

5. yes it is perfectly alright. you can harvest when the tricomes are mostly clear. the medicine will be more uppity stuff. it just wont be as good for helping you sleep. but it will still help you relax.

feminized seeds are more likely to hermie but i wouldnt worry to much the picture you showed looks healthy. hermies usually show up on highly stressed plants not healthy ones.

there is a brown spot on the top of that bud. is that light burn? i recomend cutting that out. the only time i have ever got botritis is on a bud that had been burned.

you can always harvest a nug now and speed dry it to test to see if it meets your needs. if it doesnt let it go longer.

6. Fem seeds can Harmie?? I'm glad i don't buy seeds then lol. Prices are ridiculous.

7. feminized seeds are for people who dont want to have mother plants. that way they can get the right number of female plants to suit their grow. other wise you might have males and have to veg them until maturity to find out if they are male or female. if you are growing a plant to be a mother you want to use regular seeds. regular seed dont hermie as easily. plus i feel feminized seeds are kinda gross they use a strange chemical prosses to make sure they all come out feminized., not even close to natural.

8. Very interesting info.