Safe to buy scale online?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Dank City, Dec 2, 2011.

1. hey guys recently my scale broke so it's time for a new one. But all the ones at the local stores only weigh out to the 10th of a gram but online i found cheaper ones that weigh to the 100th.

This one's only $23 and all the ones at the stores are over $30.
    American Weigh Scales - Digital Scales Wholesale

So would u guys trust this? Is it sketchy since this is basically drug paraphanalia? And also do you think the shipping box would say american weigh scales on it or something that would give away that it's a scale? Cuz i live with my mom (don't worry i'm 20) and i don't want her to see it's a scale. BTW i hope this is the right section for this

Thanks

2. Don't see any reason to be worried about it

With ebay & all the people who work online selling crap people buy scales all the time
    Just don't buy from a place selling other stuff like pipes bongs etc & there's no reason for anyone to think anything about it

As for your mom
    Just don't order from any place with words like scale or thatyou don't want her to see in their name
    Since it will probably show in the return address label

***Profit***

3. Don't see any reason to be worried about it

With ebay & all the people who work online selling crap people buy scales all the time
    Just don't buy from a place selling other stuff like pipes bongs etc & there's no reason for anyone to think anything about it

As for your mom
    Just don't order from any place with words like scale or thatyou don't want her to see in their name
    Since it will probably show in the return address label

***Profit***

4. I bought one off ebay a few years back for like $15. Its still works 100% accurately 3-4 yrs later, and it was cheap as hell compared to $50 locally. It came with a 20 year warranty and calibration weight too.

This is the one I have, I bought it from the same website, but it was through ebay. It doesn't come with the calibration weight anymore, but you could use a bunch of nickels as well.

Jennings CC-150

I paid $15 shipped about 4 yrs back, but its still pretty cheap.

5. Amazon sells the same brand scales and their boxes will just have the return mailing address with the Amazon logo.

6. "jewelry scales" isn't that how they're sold? still ~tobacco use only~ if it's for herbs.

7. thanks for the help guys. I actually bought one off ebay for only $7

8. U can call old knotts and do it over the phone

9. lul.. "its basically drug paraphernalia" yeah.. because scales are not used for anything else at all..

10. Not true. I use it to weigh my pepper, salt, and other herbs when cooking.

11. measuring to cook?... meh.. real cooks eye that shit

12. It was a bad attempt at sarcasm, i guess I'm too sober.

13. I know that but i once heard if you get caught with a scale in your car and it's clean and you have no weed that it's still considered drug paraphernalia. Maybe that's complete bs or maybe it's just a WI law idk

14. nah i definitely got the sarcasm.. obviously recipes are not in weight.. unless you are cooking in bulk.. by which then you need a bigger scale than something thats gonna weight 150gr

15. I bought one off ebay for $8. It's worked for 2 years now. Weighs 250g x 0.01 accuracy.

16. definitely complete BS.. you cannot be charged for paraph for something that is not paraph.. without other evidence to prove so.... now you get pulled over with that scale.. and weed.. it can be a different story.. Wisconsin is pretty fucked up.. not that fucked up though

17. I'd say it's pretty safe but why not just go to a local head shop and try to haggle/get a deal? If your mom doesn't typically search through your mail though it probably isn't going to be any kind of issue.

18. Damn i want that kinda scale.

19. lol yeah that's pretty sweet

20. My LHS charges more than $50 for a scale. I paid $15 for mine which was pretty cheap at the time and its a 20yr warranty, which should last me quite a while. Now theres alot of scales on ebay and amazon, a few yrs ago there were much fewer.

BTW, I never carry my scale on me. I leave it at home or in the garage, get teh bud, weigh it, and jar it. Carrying with you and getting pulled over is just asking for trouble.