safe home made pipe?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by tvoss, May 26, 2010.

1. soda cans r also unsafe. i want something that wont kill me in tha future lol.

2. You guys are crazy, read back a few posts , Aluminum is fine. You drink , and eat foods out of aluminum and tin cans dont you?

Soda cans are made from food grade aluminum people.

3. #23 Burn Em Up, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
    it says you cant melt aluminum with a lighter? take a piece and put a bic to the corner of it, it melts.

4. I will give anyone that can Melt an aluminum can with a lighter my life savings...

It is impossible. Aluminum FOIL is gross, dont smoke out of that.

ALUMINUM SODA CANS ARE NOT FOIL.

5. Yes, but you don't heat them up and let aluminum flakes get into your food and drinks.

6. You have some evidence of that? Im sure if you smoked out of the same soda can for a year some might degrade and flake off , But I would bet it would just become stuck in the resin.

Use a soda can pipe a few times , and trash it. The coloring on the can wont even come off after a weeks use...

7. ya, ill try a soda can one too then, i see wut ur sayin. but right now im makin tha clay one. it should be done soon :smoke:

8. Aluminum flakes? The hell does that have to do with anything? The only thing you need to be worrying about when smoking out of a soda can is the ink coloring. I would scrape it off with a knife and then sterilize it for a bit to make it clean.

9. My bad, I don't really know if I was right or not. I was just going by what someone had told me before. You're probably right.

10. #30 Russy, May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dont see any melted Aluminum or burnt flakes , I seem to be breathing fine. :rolleyes:

I have not only Seen people smoke like this, I have done it myself (like i just did)

I did this 5 , 10 and even 15 years ago , and I have no long term health effects, In fact, some might say im healthy as a horse. Just dont be stupid and smoke on it till the aluminum degrades to the point of nothing. Use it for a day or two , then trash it . I would recommend just buying a 10$ metal pipe , or a cheap glass pipe for less than 20$ .

Good luck.

Edit : as arnack said, Your only concern is the coloring , scrape it off, or just dont use the can more than a day or two.

11. my favorite homemade is a 1cm thick highlighter. one end has a metal pen tip as a bowl the other end has a hole to suck through. I use it all the time, its great to travel with because when you put a cap on each end its airtight. i keep it with all my actual pens :p.

I would go into the woods and find a nice soft but firm piece of wood. Drill it fist, the carve it with a knife. im going to do this as a summer project.

Also next time you have corn, dry out the cob. then cut out a piece and shape it to a bowl. then you can just use a pen shaft as the tube for a pipe.

12. I know, I just admitted I was wrong. I'm saying it's not THE best way to smoke, but it'll do.
    But definitely invest in a bowl, I got mine for $15 and works like a charm.

13. #33 smilie, May 26, 2010
    dude a cig one hitter is like less than 5$ just borrow some money or sell a lil weed

don't use sculpy clay it is unsafe if you use any clay use clay that says it is safe for smoking devices or go outside and dig up some clay depending on where you live

14. well i just smoked the clay pipe. not as great as i thought it wud be, i got rid of it aftr smoking it. im gonna try and get sum money and jus buy a pipe. untill then its joints and soda can pipes!

15. can pipes are alright but apple pipes taste good