Saddest story ever

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mjsb2, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Plane Crash Kills Two Fort Wayne Residents, Injures a Third
    By WISE Web News

Charlevoix, Michigan (Indiana's NewsCenter) – Officials with the FAA have confirmed that a single-engine plane that took off from Smith Field Airport in Fort Wayne crashed into a residential garage in Charlevoix, Michigan at about 6:30pm Friday Night. They say two people on board were killed and another person was critically injured.

Sources close to the family tell us that Dr. Stephen Hatch and his wife Kim were the people killed in the crash. They tell us that Hatch's son, Austin, was also in the aircraft and is in critical condition.

FAA officials say the plane was headed to Boyne Falls, Michigan. They say officials with the National Transportation Safety Board are on the scene and investigating the incident. It is unclear at this time exactly what caused the crash,

This is not the first time flight tragedy has struck this family. It was in 2003 when Dr. Hatch was piloting a plane from Michigan back to Fort Wayne and clipped a power pole in Wells County, causing that plane to crash. Hatch and his son Austin survived that crash. Hatch's 38-year-old wife, Julie, 11-year-old daughter Lindsay, 5-year-old son Ian and the family dog were killed in that crash.

Indiana's NewsCenter is continuing to look into this tragic story and we will bring you more when we have more information.

Happened near my hometown.

Just horrible, seriously the poor kid lost his entire immediate family in two plane crashes.

He's a basketball player and is committed to the University of Michigan.

2. wow.

my hope goes out to austin, hoping he makes it and can have a stable mind

3. damn i know tons of people from fort wayne