sad day for phish fans

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by deadphish46, May 25, 2004.

1. this fucking SUCKS

Message from Trey:

Last Friday night, I got together with Mike, Page and Fish to talk openly about the strong feelings I've been having that Phish has run its course and that we should end it now while it's still on a high note. Once we started talking, it quickly became apparent that the other guys' feelings, while not all the same as mine, were similar in many ways -- most importantly, that we all love and respect Phish and the Phish audience far too much to stand by and allow it to drag on beyond the point of vibrancy and health. We don't want to become caricatures of ourselves, or worse yet, a nostalgia act. By the end of the meeting, we realized that after almost twenty-one years together we were faced with the opportunity to graciously step away in unison, as a group, united in our friendship and our feelings of gratitude.

So Coventry will be the final Phish show. We are proud and thrilled that it will be in our home state of Vermont. We're also excited for the June and August shows, our last tour together. For the sake of clarity, I should say that this is not like the hiatus, which was our last attempt to revitalize ourselves. We're done. It's been an amazing and incredible journey. We thank you all for the love and support that you've shown us.

-- Trey Anastasio

2. i posted this in general too, just wanna make sure its seen...phish is done

edit: merged threads~sensi

3. FUCKIN A!!

What they don't seem to understand is that even if they are a worn-out dragged on nostalgia act, they're still better than most bands out there! Also they don't need to continue making new albums, just touring all the stuff they've already done would be great....

Fuckin A.:(

4. *runs off to a corner and weeps.......for days*

RIP phish

but at least theres a few more shows!

5. I agree with trey...
    Playing Y.E.M. for the 5,000 time is not doing phish justice. Good for them. They get to retain their dignity.

6. It's not like they're playing it to the same audience though...

7. yea...i have never seen phish, but i have a TON of their live shit, and the dvds...i love them

im so bummed right now...my party friday night is dedicated to phish...a Phish Phiesta

8. Haha, guess you've never met the people that just follow phish around on tour. It's actually pretty sad...

9. Yeah I know there are people like that, but I meant in general...still, I don't think phish will become 'caricatures of their former selves', I don't think phish can get old. Not to me anyways.

Lucky me, I will be seeing them at the Tweeter Center on August 11th, which will be their 3rd to last show ever?!?

10. i liked them well 2 songs but rip

11. Sux, I saw them after the break/hiatus and it was an awesome show. That to bad that they wont continue. I guess we will always have memories. :)

12. where'd you find this? not doubting you i just didnt seee it on their site. goddamit hte NJ show is sold out already, FUCK!

13. My bro is pretty sad about this, he followed them around the country for a while and even got arrested for pocession of marijuana in Georgia lol, but yeah this sucks, I'm gonna try to see em in June.

14. Wow is all I can say......

I can't tell if I want to sit around and cry with tehpottestmofi0 or to jump with joy because I get to see them June 26!!!!

*crys well jumping up and down*

edit - good luck with those tickets, mine cost me close to $200, I heard on ebay the prices are outrageous, it'll be even worse since its their last tour, hope you get to see them though

15. right now 90 looks like the cheapest buy it now option on ebay, but i bet that shoots up quickly so i gotta get em soon!

16. wow the two threads were magically combined. well i decided to buy tickets tonight, cause two hours after i checked prices the first time they had already gone up 30 bucks a piece. Paid 200 for 2, wish i had just bought them when they went on sale, and saved 100 bucks. But oh well, I'm gonna see Phish at their last ever stand alone concert!

17. nice, good grab, the seats we got, NN (which isn't too bad) would be like $250 now on ebay....... not that I would ever sell them,,,,,, not in a million years