?'s about cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Briian420, Jun 12, 2004.

1. ok i've never actually grown before i've been doing a lot of reading and understand the basics.

one thing i've been having trouble finding information on is cloning. I have no idea how or when to do it. if it isn't too much trouble it'd be cool if someone can help me out?

2. Well, just to spite all the people that would never answer MY cloning questions, I'll answer yours.

Cloning is much more simple than most of us think, including myself. Once you've got some good 4-5" long auxillary nodes growing, find a nice looking one on the middle of the main stem and chop it close to the main stem. Within the first 10 seconds, dunk the whole clone underwater. This will be your workplace for a little while.

Most clones will have staggered nodes/leaves, but not all. In any case, find the lowest two sets, cutting both the leaf and node from the lowest and the leaf only from the second. Then, make the final cut about 1/4" from where the lowest node was. Make the cut at a 45-degree angle.

From there, if you choose to, you may apply rooting hormone to the bottom 1" of the clone. Gel seems to work better than powder. Then take your rooting medium and plant the clone 1 to 1 1/2" into the medium.

As for the cloning medium itself, some popular choices are rockwool or a 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite. Either of these work well.

Cloning with hormones takes 1-2 weeks, while no hormones takes 2-3.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

~Lycanthropy

3. and what types of hormones should you use? in exchange here is a complete guide how to clone that someone was nice enough to give me when i asked this very same question 4 days ago....
    http://www.daweedking.com/cloning.html

4. I use the basic Clonex gel. I started off with RootOne-F, but I've since realized that powders take longer to work than the gel. If you can't find Clonex, any cloning/cutting gel should be just as good.

~Lycanthropy