s a d f a c e (wtf is wrong)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wiley Coyote, Oct 2, 2011.

1. ok i posted pics on tuesday, plant looked amazing. now it still mostly does...but now it has this going on (see pic)

wtf is that? did i just wait too long to water it? or heat? any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. looks like the beginning of a nute burn to me.... what are you feeding her? ph?

3. no nutes. just ffof soil. i forgot to mention i did transplant a day or so before. should i cull those leaves, or just leave it be an watch it?

ive been maintaining my ph at around 6.5

4. [quote name='"Wiley Coyote"']no nutes. just ffof soil. i forgot to mention i did transplant a day or so before. should i cull those leaves, or just leave it be an watch it?

ive been maintaining my ph at around 6.5[/quote]

how old is the plant?

5. then maybe the new soil is prenuted and is too heavy for the plant??..... in my experience that's a nute burn, not severe but could get worse if left unchecked...... i woudn't cut the leaves... just do a flush and see how the plant reacts... but wait for more opinions....

6. I just had this happen to my Kandy Kush. You can go to my log and check it out. Exact same damage. Happened in about 20hrs. My soil was to alkaline on me. There was an excess in N(I'm sure your leaves were dark glossy green). This causes a lock out of Mg. Your plant starts to eat its self and random parts of foliage deteriorate and it was followed by a chlorosis in between the veins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bent leaves look like a heat problems what are the daily temps daily at the peak?

How long did you wait to water and how much did you water it?

8. The leaves curling up come after the chlorosis. Rest of the plant looks healthy. This is a pH and N toxicity issue.

9. [quote name='"NNorthernlight"']then maybe the new soil is prenuted and is too heavy for the plant??..... in my experience that's a nute burn, not severe but could get worse if left unchecked...... i woudn't cut the leaves... just do a flush and see how the plant reacts... but wait for more opinions....[/quote]

what I was thinking.

10. the soil is only ffof with no nutes added whatsoever. it's about 20 days old now, the pH has been maintained at 6.5ish, i always try to keep it there. I cant remember actually how i long i went without watering, but Im thinking about a day past when it could have used it. i backed the lights off a little just to be safe, it seems to be doing ok for the most part, just has those dead areas.

So i should just leave the dead parts alone, or trim them?

11. [quote name='"Wiley Coyote"']the soil is only ffof with no nutes added whatsoever. it's about 20 days old now, the pH has been maintained at 6.5ish, i always try to keep it there. I cant remember actually how i long i went without watering, but Im thinking about a day past when it could have used it. i backed the lights off a little just to be safe, it seems to be doing ok for the most part, just has those dead areas.

So i should just leave the dead parts alone, or trim them?[/quote]

FFOF has nutes already in it, as well as a 6.5 pH I believe. it looks like a little nute burn in my opinion, but I'm only a first time grower myself. those dried parts are dead, so pick them off since they're doing nothing for your plant except making it look ugly.