rustic log cabin

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by kindone, Mar 13, 2013.

1. I am looking for a rustic log cabin "similiar to the ones in the porkies" to rent in the mountains for a few nights next month. We are looking for something in the mountains of north carolina,kentucky,tennesse, or virginia and like I said rustic. We are bringing are 2 sons 6 and 4 years old so hike-in is an option but wouldn"t like to hike more than a couple miles in. Any help is appreciated.

2. Maybe some info here...

Parks of the U.S.A. Information

3. different State Parks offer all kinds of rustic cabin options...

4. Thanks man, I have not yet seen this webiste and it is helpful.

5. I hear ya hotdish, the state owned park system in Michigan is great and that is what I am used to. I find that most of the state park options in the states I have been researching are far from a rustic cabin. Most of these parks have cabins that are fully furnished with tv's, linnens and a a convention center. The only one I have found that is what I am looking for is called the swan cabin in North Carolina. We might just get a place in the smokies with a hot tub and a view, fuck it. Most of our vacations are backwoods destinations in Michigans U.P., might be a nice for a few days?

6. I recommend the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee or the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC.