Runny nose and increased mucus from vaping

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Modernleaves, Sep 7, 2012.

1. So I just bought the Arizer Solo a couple of weeks ago and it works perfectly, I can't get enough of it, however...

(The following will sound gross but it is what it is):
    Right after I vape, within 30 -60 minutes, I get a very runny nose and a lot of mucus. It gets annoying because I clear it out but shortly afterward the same thing occurs. It also does not immediately go away. The next day I wake up with a stuffy nose and throughout the day produce a lot of mucus (I can feel it dripping from my nose to my throat which is pretty gross).

It can be a number of factors: the weed, the change from smoking to vaping, the vapor itself, not enough water, etc

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this and if so, did these effects go away after getting your body accustomed to vaping?

2. Yeh I experienced a lot of mucus too at first. It does seem to die down after a while, but I would highly recommend connecting your vape to your bong if you have one, ideally with ice cubes, it seems to help a lot.

3. I had something oddly similar happen for the first few weeks of me owning my solo. It was my first vape so I hadn't really had much experience with vaporizers up to this point. Anyway, within an hour of a session, my nose would be so clogged up that my throat was getting dry from being forced to breath through the mouth. Then after lord knows how many sessions, it just stopped happening. I think its just the hot air messing with sinuses/airways.

4. It's okay, although this is not medical advice!

Cannabis is a pretty strong expectorant; the same kind of thing as Mucinex, or anything else that contains guanfenesin (look at cough medicine labels).

Guanfinesin makes you expectorate; in other words, you cough up any extra mucus and crap hanging around in your nose, mouth, tracheal area, throat (post-nasal drip), or bronchii or even lungs themselves (that usually means you are sick though).

Usually it will feel like it's your lungs you are coughing up, and the mucus coming from there; however it is almost always spare gunk working its way from your sinuses down to your stomach.

Just another nice health benefit. When you're aware that cannabis has this effect on you (not everyone has it, I do though) it's nice once you get the crap out of your breathing passages and if you're smart you should swallow the nice glob of mucus; much more sanitary and healthy for you and others than spitting it out.

First post in a long time! Hope this helped. If you have any health problems see a doctor, not me, I use common sense and nursing training, not any kind of medical doctor qualifications, so my advice is worth only that - advice (or opinion).

But I'm right. :) :D :yummy:

EmmaJane

5. Wrong, I think. This is what spittoons were used for way back in the day. I have post nasal drip, and when vaping etc. I will have to spit up excessively. If I choose to have "manners" and not spit it into a toilet or garbage, I crap out the excess phlegm to put it bluntly.

6. For those who did or are experiencing this, these effects completely went away the day after I posted this. I remember because I found the timing strange lol. So to you folks vaping, I would just keep doing so, your body just needs to adapt/adjust to inhaling vapor. Other than that your good! Get your vape on :)

7. Mucus is full of bacteria you shouldn't swallow it.

8. I had the same issue my first 30 days switching from smoking to vaping, i think its mainly years of build up from smoking. I've never felt better since i started smoking than when i switched to vaping. Give it a month, as long as your nit smoking too it should go away.

9. Yes. Some people (like me), when they get excess mucus and phlegm buildup, and feel they have to cough / hack up, it could be BLACK PHLEGM. Yeah, that's why it seems to be excess tar or other shit from your lungs that gets filtered out after vaping, because this happened to me.

10. Mines always been clear even when i still combusted. Black is bad shit coming up