running

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by crazym4n, Nov 24, 2008.

1. is running truly the best cardio workout?

i hate running.

2. i hate running too, but i always feel good that i do it

3. I thought swimming was a better cardio workout.

4. swimming is way better ........... no shock on your bones/muscles coz water tasks all your wieght and you use loads more muscles you dont normally use when running... imo if you can stand doing boring laps of the pool its loads better

5. Running appears to be the very best form of workout out there. However, most people don’t take into account that it has its personal scientific foundation. Running is an excellent exercise in keeping with my view... Yes! sometimes it's tough

6. I'd suggest starting off walking and building up to jogging. If you have underlying medical conditions use caution when starting up a new exercise program. I was walking 6 miles every day and decided to try jogging again. The second day of jogging I caught the edge of the road and caused an incomplete fracture of my proximal tibia. Talk about pain and a 10 week healing process. I was told these fractures are usually associated with impact injuries. My medical conditions contributed to the injury. Just use caution and take things slow. Also, talk to your doctor prior to taking on new activities.

7. The best cardio is the one you'll do! i use an elliptical and rowing machine myself. Running is nice because all you need are shoes.

• Like Like x 1