Running out of space!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jus_chillin, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Went through a lot of shit to get this far!

Babies are growing up so fast and running out of space. I can't raise the light any further. I've FIM'd and LST'd the tallest branches.

I don't really know what else to do besides continue to stress train these mofos.

Any advice?

Attached Files:

• 11-15_2.JPG
      11-15_2.JPG
      File size:
      65.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      96.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      57 KB
      Views:
  2. If the reason you can't raise the light any further is because the ducting prevents it, you may have to re-think how to route the ducting.

You might try putting your inline fan right onto the reducer and using flexible ducting the rest of the way up so that the ducting doesn't govern the light. Also, the bend in the ducting is more than 45 degrees which will constrict airflow.

Not sure where you're getting your fresh air, but reducing the intake temp will get you a bit of real estate, especially if you can cool the light with it.

You could also bud 'em out before they get too big and you really have space issues.

3. i think you could definetly lst those alot more...slowly over a couple days bend the branches alot more, and tie them down nicely....make it into a bush and start flowering as soon as you can.;)

4. Yeah, I might have to rethink the ducting. Maybe raise the light to its maximum height and run the inline fan straight out the side instead of through the ceiling of the box.

"..reducing the intake temp will get you a bit more of real estate.." What do you mean? There is only an exhaust on the light (as pictured). No intake for the light. Fresh air comes from one intake at the bottom of the box.

They are about a week into flowering already! I'm gonna have to get crazy with the LST I guess.

Thanks for prompt input guys.

5. i blame the ducting

6. Careful with the space. The plants will probably double in size as they dont seem to have started budding yet.

Maybe try bending some of the branches down or at least topping a few grow shoots.

GREAT looking plant though =) nice and bushy!

7. There's a few tiny bud sites. Buds better increase faster than the stems do!

Attached Files:

• x-1.jpg
      x-1.jpg
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views:
    • x-2.jpg
      x-2.jpg
      File size:
      118.6 KB
      Views:
    • x-4.jpg
      x-4.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Cut the top of the plants off - they stop growing up and grow out...

9. I mean that lowering the overall temp. in the room (if possible) will allow the plants to get a bit closer to the light, but i believe that is the least of your worries. At this point anymore vertical growth looks like it may be too much.

I'd go with the advice already given. Top them bitches before doing so affects the flower sets. Flowering likes a little cooler temp anyhow so getting the ducting solved will help i'm sure. Also get ready to do a bunch of branch training/tying.:cool:

10. buy Humboldt County :BUSHMASTER. it stops plant growth at whatever desired height you want.

11. top it off and get some flex hose for the vent system you have there and youll be all good