Running LED's off battery power

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ShakaZ, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Can a 1000w LED be run off, say a car battery or an eighteen wheeler battery or a marine battery? If so, how long would one last before needing a recharge or replaced? What are some other ways to reduce electricity consumption that you have found?

2. A generator?

3. Pretty sure any dc battery would need a charging source. Plus, you would need an inverter. You’re way over cost by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Too much noise and possible mess.

5. Cheapest way is to run electricity?

6. Electricity it is then

7. The electric bill is my biggest concern.

8. Gonna be cheaper than buying weed and its not that exy

9. Gotcha. I have visions of a thousand dollar electric bill and shudder.

10. Na bro just cut down on other stuff cost me no more than say an electric heater in winter just get warm in your tent haha

11. Lol. Are there different wattages for different 1000w LED's? Do they still not compare to the amount you're getting from HID's but still better than CFL's or what? I'm seeing a lot of 1000w LED's on Amazon for less than 200.00

12. There sure is man it will never be 1000 true watts more like 700 drawn from the wall find one you like and Google it

13. So better to go with HID's still... Why are LED' becoming so popular than?

14. Because of your exact problem electricity cost they are xheapeer to run and some say get better results I havve only grown with led but from what I have seen HID gets way better light penetration

• Like Like x 1
  15. Also extra stuff (ballast, hoods, socekets to fit HID) wouldn't be needed I guess. Unless it's a bigger operation, which I'm not sure yet why or how that would be needed or works if more than personal. I'm seeing vids they are saying they're getting half a pound off a plant. I know why I would like that much, but my situation is different than say other places.

16. Half a pound off a plant for an experience grower you be lucky to get 4 ounces

17. DC battery need charging. But..why not using generator directly if it is for long term use?:passtheshit:
    No need a big one but a samll portable one.
    I purchased a 13,750w Propane Generator from Central Maine Diesel a few years ago.

20 HP Honda engine, Italian generator head.:hookah:
    Paid about $2300 plus shipping via Paradise Freight which was a few hundred.
    I see the price is just a bit higher now... But the one I want most is yuchai which i saw from a website.

Recently it blew a capacitor. Central Maine sent me 2 for the price of one even though it is out of warranty. $39 total for two.
    :gc_rocks:
    I looked at generators on island but a similar Honda at Quality electric was close to $6000 and it wasn't even a 13750kw. More like 8 or 9000kw if I remember right.....

They have many generators at great prices but this is the one I settled for.
    Quiet, no smell, propane lasts forever........

18. Check the true wattage on the LEDs. Thats how much power p/hr they will actually draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Go solar for about 9k and push the meter backwards