Running in to a few planning issues in extra bedroom

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tensoon, Nov 18, 2016.

1. In a week, after a long long wait, I'll finally have the bedroom next to mine opening up in my house. I'm having a few issues on figuring out how I'll set it up. I've run two previous grows in a different location with a small plywood room that was build within another room, seemed simple then.

The issue I'm having is that the room is rather large. If all goes well I plan to fill the room out more a bit but until them I'm not sure if I should just grow in the corner of this large room and figure out some long ducting to vent the 1000w out in to the hallway? The room is in a corner of the house and it's the closest bedroom to the street (still a good 40-50 feet away, more for neighboring houses) so I can't open the windows, I feel either one would transmit far too much sound for the foot traffic around here.

I can't get a picture at the moment sadly. I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking this and just go with whatever at the moment, get a few normal fans as the room will be very airy and seems to ventilate itself well along with the pretty cold temps lately?

Edit : Would be legal for me to do this, however such things must be kept unnoticeable in the type of neighborhood I'm in.

2. You really need air exchange, it has more to do with just heat. Your plants also use co2 which needs to be replenished. If you don't exchange your old air with new fresh air, you will run into to problems. You may be able to get away with it if you supplement co2, do you think humidity control will be an issue?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't think I'll have an issue with humidity control honestly as I'm in the same region as before, only on really wet days which are rare here. On the air exchange, would it be possible have the entrance to the room stay open and that would cover it? Considering of course that no animals or anything could get in there. I have no cause to hide it from anyone in my house.

4. Yes having the door open will work but not if your venting your hot air right out into the hallway as well. You will just create a loop for that same stale hot air to travel through your grow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great point, I think with that in mind I may be able to figure something out. Thanks for the quick help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No problem. I would suggest a great option which is punching a hole in the ceiling and vent into the attic.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Do you understand fresh air , it isn't the same stale air already in a different room

8. Do you understand other rooms will be generally always open to the outside?

Also sadly nowhere to punch upwards to, but tis a good idea.

9. Closets are a great place to punch to the attic if thats an option. you would be surprised how easy it is to open a hole up and repair when done. Closets are better in my mind because you don't have to worry about matching the popcorn or whatever type of surface the room has. You could also consider maybe building a light trap on the window out of wonder board. the insulation also helps trap noise. The version I saw was 1 inch wonderboard covering the entire window with a 1 foot by 3 foot box attached.. Hole for air in on the top and hole on the room side at the bottom. Air can pass freely but no light and minimal sound goes out. If security is a concern you could possibly put a bar cage on the window. not sure if this helps but check out window light traps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Absolutely gonna go look in to that, the idea sounds great. Thanks a lot for the detailed reply!

11. Has anyone compared a crop grown with holes punched vs a room that has not been punched? Weed needs CO2 and what better place to be than in a closed house with any number of life forms exuding CO2 24/7?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have seen the difference. I don't have pics for comparison, but IME growth is much healthier and more vigorous when proper ventilation is provided.