Running Hps and MH

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by gumby420, Jun 19, 2012.

1. So i finally got my room set up with 2 1000w HPS. my brother just gave me a digital 400w switchable ballast with hood and new MH bulb. i had seen a High Times video recently and the dude was running both HPS and MH together. Right now i have it set up with the MH right in the middle of the 2 1000s and it definitely has a bluer tint to it. i get my clones in the next few days. what do you think? should i keep it?

2. i wouldnt bother with the MH to be honest mate, 2 1000w HPS will be beautiful for your plants i have a 600w HPS and its lovely so no doubt what yours will be like, but obviously this is just my thoughts, you can go ahead with the MH by all means

3. anyone have any experience with this? i get my clones friday. it seems like it would be good to have both color spectrums but i would like to hear from someone on it.

4. I use both spectrums in Flower, 2 - 1k Watt HPS...1 - 1K Watt MH.

No complaints here :)

I do only use MH in veg though..

5. unless it causes a heat problem then definately keep it. adds some blue light that the hps is lacking. also you can save power by just using the 400 mh for the first few weeks when you first get your clones.