Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Run out of a lighter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by headsmaster, Jul 18, 2011.

1. What do you guys do when you run out of a lighter and still have bud? Just take the road of abstinence or find something and make it work? Also I'm asking cus im in that situation haha and it's happened before and fucking sucks.

2. I get a lighter dude

3. I usually just go out and buy another one.. Idk about you..

4. Either get another lighter or just roll a blunt or joint and use matches to light it.

5. ^ Yea but what if your too lazy or have no transportation?

6. most stoners have 10 lighters laying around anyway.. if you are too lazy to get high you need some help

7. I smoke with penny matches mostly, but when i run out i just go to a pharmacy or grocery store. If your desperate find a toothpick or something similar(roled up paper might even work) and light it on a stove or something.

8. If you are too lazy then you deserve it. If you have no transportation you should have planned ahead.

9. i'd look for matches, or light off the stove.

10. haha thanks man i found a grill lighter anyway but i just wanted to hear some ghetto ways on how people light their trees when they have no lights haha :wave:

11. Well.. Lets say u lit a cigarette and then it ran out but ur cig is still burning... Could always use the cherry still lit.. Used to light my joints like that haha.

12. i rob my neighbors and take theirs

13. Magnifying glass

14. I'm for sure not to lazy haha i was just suggesting it and I did try to plan ahead but my mom didn't want to stop on the way home just to get me a lighter.

15. lmao :hello:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PfK0zrCTTc]‪Use Condom To Make Fire!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

16. Learn from the dragons the art of firebending. Comes in handy a lot, trust me.

17. Get some paper. roll it up then turn on the toaster. light it then light ur joint or bowl or whatever

18. Butter knife. Stick the tip on the stove until its red hot, apply tip to weed.

19. I have a 7-11 and 2 other liqour stores within short walking distance which I walk to if I don't have a lighter.

20. I usually use a Zippo lighter, so I have tons of fuel lying around. But if I run out, which I do sometimes, I get a cheap one until I can get more fuel. If I don't have a cheap one (now this is when I'm in need) there's a few tricks you can use.

Light it off the stove, if you have a glass top it won't work very well.

Use a steel wool scrubber + a battery and rub until sparks and embers begin to appear, then add tinder and you have a small fire (please be responsible and do it outside in a safe place).

Use the toaster/toaster oven, set the end you want to light on the hot coils. Don't bring your head down to light it, because that'll prove you're a complete moron and you could burn off some hair. Hold it there until it gets embers going then take your puff.

Use Axe/any aersol really. Take a piece of tissue or paper, now again you should probably do this outside but I'm not going to make your choices... Evenly spray Axe or whatever aersol you chose onto the tissue until you see that it is wet and the liquid is running on the paper. Then take your empty lighter, spark it near or practically on said paper and BAM, instant flame. Keep your face back though (common sense)

The last way I can think of off the top of my head if you can't use ANY of the above is probably the weirdest and possibly dangerous. Take a piece of tablet paper, and tear a small square off. Now take a pencil (IT HAS TO BE A PENCIL WITH GRAPHITE! NOT A PEN.) Draw a small square on that paper you have, shade it in nicely but not too dark. Place the END YOU WANT TO LIGHT on that square. Take the entire thing and put it in the microwave. Set it to medium or low for about 15 seconds. Your cigarette will be lit, trust me. Graphite and radiation = small sparks which light it in case you're wondering.

Note: If you're planning on lighting a bowl and you think you NEED that lighter, you don't. Get some string or twine after you started your fire, place it in the fire for a few seconds until the twine lights or has a red ember on it, and then place that in your bowl.

GET CREATIVE, that's what I've always done when people took my lighters lol.