Run-Off PH + PPM

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Johny420, Jan 30, 2010.

1. #1 Johny420, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    So I have been monitoring my PH & PPM's for the past week or so again. I was using strips but they were not working much and I was WAAAy off. I just bought two new pens and finally I got two that stay calibrated and work like a charm.

I am about 2 weeks away from harvest and the plants are showing mad signs of PH problems, bad leaf dead spots, curling, yellowing, etc. No visible deficiencies, mostly just unhappy pissed plants. I flushed them with bokashi tea for a few days when I got the pens to hopefully get rid of all the salts. I have been alternating feeding like this:

Basics:
    Tap water PH: 7-7.5
    Tap PPM: 85-90PPM
    Tea = 180 PPM
    7 PH

Mild Solution, No fertilizer:
    1 - 85GAL resorvior contains:
    Half Tea, Half Water
    2700ML Big Bloom
    125ML Bud XL
    225ML Cal Mag
    Resulting PH: 7.4
    Resulting PPM: 400
    Added 20ML PH Down
    Resulting PH: 6.3
    Added 5ML PH UP
    Resulting PH: 6.5
    Ending PPM: 422

Results:
    PH 6.2 (usually up to 6.3-6.5)
    650PPM
    Within healthy range, no up/down needed.

Fertilizer Solution:
    Half Tea, Half Water, 85 Gallons
    675ML(max, sometimes 450ML) Tiger Bloom (Fox Farm)
    125ML Bud XL (House & Garden)
    100ML Natural Bloom (Organic Blah blah)
    Resulting PH: 4.6
    PPM: 650
    Added 25ML PH Up
    Resulting PH: 4.8
    PPM: 670
    Added 300ML PH up
    Resulting PH: 6.5
    PPM: 785

I fertilize every other watering as according to Fox Farm schedule, I believe it may be too much though because our soil contains coco. We are using Mendo Mix.

I tested the run-off after watering with fertilizer today, and to my suprise it's 7.3PH, 430PPM. What should I do to correct the PH? If I should change anything?

Thank you for all your help, I love this community! :hello::wave::smoking:

2. I think you should do a soil PH test ASAP like20 minutes ago do it today hurry.

Have you calibrated your PH tester lately? You could have done something to the 7.0ph buffer if you even have buffer.

That is seriously a high PH for what you are explaining. Check your instruments, get 7.0 buffer if you don't have it, calibrate. test again.

Get a soil PH test kit ASAP.

are you sticking the PH tester in the dish under the plant potter or are you using a syringe to draw out the water to put into a cup to test then?

interesting.....