Rumples Single Plant Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Put in four CFLs below the screen. Hope it helps.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Recap what we have to date:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Looks fucking stellar, Rump. How many more days do you have left on the stretch with this strain?

4. #64 rataboo90, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    Is that the clone in the last pic? That's fucking amazing! 1 pound from a single plant, using a 400W light. Im subscribed!

5. Ok, let me set this strait. I have never got a pound off a single plant. I have had lots of two plant harvests that yeilded a pound (even slightly more). I would like to do the same with a single plant that gets more light. I have had one attempt at a single plant grow that fell well short of a pound (11oz). I want to see how close I can get. Might just be a waste of space.

Remember, my two plant grow out performed my three plant grow. I got about the same from three plants, except a good portion of the harvest of the three plant grow was scrap bud (popcorn). Two plants yeilded more Grade "A" bud.

Issues I am have now is veg time. It seems the math is catching up with me. I am not able to fill all the holes in my screen useing only ten days of veg. To make up for the lack of branches, I need fat buds. The White Widow get fat, but I am skeptical if it will be enough.

I will be happy with 13 or 14 oz, but a pound off this plant does not seem possible. It's not hard to find photos of my past plants at day 10 or 11 of flowering. It is packed in at that point.

Here is the same day with two plants:
    [​IMG]

Here we are yesterday:
    [​IMG]

Lots of light but that does not seem to be enough.

6. Just read entire journal I am very anxious and pulling for your WW and You. I have those exact same CFL's I use 4 for flowering 3 plants, you made a very good purchase for 9.98. Lowes is only 1 mile from my house i love it i can walk there on sunny day.

7. If you see good yield from the bottom portions of the plant due to the CFLs but not what you expected. Instead of going back to three, you said yourself you've gotten more with two before. Combine the two methods, why not remove the middle bucket and install something like a tower that holds CFLs up and lights the plants from there.

Your thoughts?

8. #68 McGuyver, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    Im not sure which strain he grew, but a friend of mine said it is entirely possible to get more than a pound off of one plant. he is a Very reputable source. just want you to keep the dream alive haha :D

I think the 10 days of veg could keep it at a lower yeild, but there is NOTHING wrong with getting 11+oz from one plant in that short amount of time.

Maybe you could lower the screen from 21" to 18" or so next time?

9. It's completely possible to get a pound off one plant indoors, Rump is just trying to do it in 70 days.

10. hey man very nice set up, you have given me some useful ideas for my cab. Your girl is looking good, im impressed by how bushy it is. are you planning on trimming up some of that undergrowth?

11. If I go back to growing two plants, I will keep the third bucket as a reservoir. It help cut down on the feeding and adjusting. Not sure if this low temp spike will effect anything. I dont have a heater in the room, so its like 55 in there during the dark cycle. This is a first for me.

12. Is 55 a good temp during the dark period of flowering? I always thought it should be colder during that time but everyone says to keep it above 60 normally.

13. Looken good R. You know its funny every time i think of growing without hps i think of your grows and say fuck that !!! your an inspiration. Good job on this grow in my opinion i know its not your best to date but we shall see how the harvest is .

14. If they had anything that worked better then HPS, I would own two of um.

15. #75 The Grim Reefer, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009

Amen to that lmao, havent posted in a while rump, but keeping a close eye on this grow, i love your bubble buckets. As always, wishing you the best with this.

EDIT: Would you ever think of upgrading your current 400w, to a bigger HID system, rather than the 4 cfl's .... or would the 4 cfls provide better lighting ?

16. Instead of having it behind the plants? Sorry I really don't understand hydro systems that well. I haven't ever grown but once I can do it in a 'safe' environment I want to be able to get going right off the bat.

17. Very good point. I will have to think on this for a while. It might be ok during the winter to use a 600W HID. I just have to keep the ventilation cycling down to a minimum in order to have the CO2 enrichment.

18. I would have a 30 gallon reservoir if I had the space. My broom closet is tight with three buckets.

19. Ok after seeing your Bubble bucket step by step, I'm inspired to start growing hydroponically but I have no idea how it works (kinda a slow learner). Like what nutes do I use and how do I set all this stuff up?

20. You know what I'm so sorry. Don't mean o threadjack, still new at this. I guess you could tell me how to do this via Private messages, email, or something like that.