Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rumors about Mary Jane

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TriangleNine, Aug 30, 2011.

1. We've all heard from our smoking buddies about what gets you higher or kills your high, what the best strain ever grown is, if you hold it in longer you get higher, ect. Well post here all the "facts" you have heard about MJ and maybe we can even establish I they are true or not.

I have heard that:
    Milk kills your high
    If you suck in small breaths after taking a hit and not one big one you will get higher
    There are no 100% Indica or Sativa strains (anymore)
    If you smoke during a full moon you will get higher
    If you take a blood thinner before smoking you get blown off one hit

Thats all I can remember for now. But after reading mine I'm sure you have some pop into your head. Let's hear em!! Oh and I tried seaching for threads alike but didn't find any. Correct me if I'm wrong :smoke:

2. full moon? Id be afraid of turning into a weedwolf

3. I've heard people say holding it in for more than five seconds is a waste because no more THC gets absorbed at that point- or not enough to make a difference.

Someone also told me smoking a cigarette after smoking a joint gets you higher.. I don't smoke boges so no idea if that has any truth to it.

I've also heard that drinking + smoking will make you go crazy and pass out/get sick.. this one I can say is completely untrue. Smoke and drink, it's good for you.

4. Why would milk kill your high?? not true, eat some cookies and milk while stoned you'll still be great! The mix of weeds probabaly, so much crosspollination nowadays. I take BP pills which thin your blood, when I used to not, and well no difference so false on that one. and any full moon story is total bogus guaranteed, even the one about how we landed there 6 times.lol.. such BS. the breathing thing just F's with your oxygen levels , it doesn't make you higher, just more light headed. hope I helped. I smoke and drink and IMO I feel ,both drunk and stoned, but not sick.

5. So youre telling me that if i take a blood thinner and then take a hit a girl will show up and blow me? :cool:

6. #7 JetxLife86, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I LOL'd!!!
    ---------------

I heard that smoking lowers men's sperm count, which is weird bc I get some great erections when I'm baked.

I've also tried the mango trick and have realized it intensifies the feeling of euphoria. People said it's a placebo effect, but I truly feel the feeling lasts longer than regular.

Energy drinks such as Monster or Red Bull lowers your high in a shorter span.

7. i heard that weed can increase breast sizes in men :confused:

8. Eating mangoes 30 minutes before you smoke gets you higher.

9. Unfortunately, no... It will be a dude.

10. It doesn't make you higher, it makes you oxygen deprived so you get lightheaded

11. #12 shadowfall4995, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Surprisingly cigs do get me higher but I think they have that effect with other substances also

12. . . . . . . damn.:(

13. Seriously? If you've ever smoked after more than 10 drinks you'd change your mind. But a little drunk it can be nice.

14. The only reason the small breath after each hit gets you higher is because it forces the smoke down deep into the lungs

15. A little science, gentlemen?

Response to marijuana as a function of potency and breathhold duration (abst - 1991)
    Response to marijuana as a functio... [Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1991] - PubMed - NCBI

Marijuana smoking: effect of varying delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol content and number of puffs. (abst - 1992)
    http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/conte...&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=480&resourcetype=HWCIT

Quantification and comparison of marijuana smoking practices: blunts, joints, and pipes.
    (abst – 2011) Quantification and comparison of marijua... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

BONGS BEFORE BEERS, BLADES!
    :hello: GOOD IDEA!

Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens (news – 2010) Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens - NORML

Cannabis reverses brain damage from alcohol (news - 2008)
    http://medicalcannabisawareness.myblogsite.com/entry36.html#body

Eating edibles on an empty stomach will get you wasted! FALSE! :(

You get a better effect eating your edible about 45 minutes after a meal. When your stomach is empty, it goes on a "feeding frenzy" (first-pass metabolism )and grabs everything (including THC) and sends it to the liver where it is broken down. If you eat first, the stomach is tired and will let most of your edible slip down to the intestines, where the THC is absorbed directly into your blood. MUCH better high! :yay:

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (abst. - 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-prandial oral bioavailability of a novel cannabinoid receptor agonist via avoidance of first-pass metabolism. (abst - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-p... [Pharm Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

More myth-busting studies are in my List (click that first link in my sig!) :hello:

May as well get your facts right!

Granny :wave: