Rumor from the past!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MoW, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Let's file this under..ok if you say so.

I had a conversation with an old grower....meaning 60 yrs plus in age..he comes from the day when if you happened to get caught with a lid or so. It went in the cops pocket and you went to the party without it.

He says...Take the green leaf portion of your grow and place it under a 100 ton press. Then age the cube or whatever shape for about 3 months and your gonna have commerical hash.

Brings light to something that may be worth trying so I will. BUT has anyone heard of such a thing being of value?

2. I posted this same post in another area but figured folks who i wanted a reply from might not see it to reply to my Inquiry so here it is again.

Let's file this under..ok if you say so.

I had a conversation with an old grower....meaning 60 yrs plus in age..he comes from the day when if you happened to get caught with a lid or so. It went in the cops pocket and you went to the party without it.

He says...Take the green leaf portion of your grow and place it under a 100 ton press. Then age the cube or whatever shape for about 3 months and your gonna have commerical hash.

Brings light to something that may be worth trying so I will. BUT has anyone heard of such a thing being of value?

3. That's probably how the Mexicans brick there weed. Hence the term "Mexican Brickweed". Makes it alot easier to hide it in their tires or whatever.

I don't know about leaves though...I don't see myself getting high off it.

4. no way... leaf will not make hash.. no matter how hard you press it or how long you age it.

Hash comes from the little hairs off of the buds.

I've heard some crazy shit about using stems and seeds.. but never leaves.

Add that one to the myth list.

5. sorry to tell ya but thats not how to manufacture hash I wouldnt even recomend smoking it unless you like to smoke leaves

6. hey moW dont listen to budburner he doesnt know what hes talking about and need to do more studying on what hash is made of,hash can be done with buds but its stupid to make hash out of buds its a waste ,its made using all the cuttings and let over from clipping of the tree not buds and yes its made out of leaves ,its mixed with ice and stired with a beater for about 3o mins then is left for few hour,theres more to making it,it is only done with leaves and left over clippings
    not buds.

www.bubblebag.com

making hash do ur research

7. I'm not saying they told me it would be hash..Just something that was sold on the streets years ago as hash...

8. You can make hash out of leaves but it is very low quality, poor grade. It's alot better to use weed...so you both are right.

9. I merged the two threads you made MoW.

I have smoke leaves before. They will still get you high but nothing like the Buds..

Brick weed has a mixtyre of leaves and bud in it. Sometime you get a better quality of brick because it has more bud than leaves.

10. I usally get some level of buzz from green leaf, brown leaf, buds, stems, seeds and pictures of pots...grin

I most perfer. Good Buds.

I guess at one time there was a reason an OZ of grass was $20.00
    and a lb was $150

I can recall buying a LB of good hash for 250-$300

11. good hash and very high quality is only made from pure buds and is often sold off as lollen or pollem....the 2 are diffrent and not the same.....hash made from leaves is far more week.....waht you're talking about will be brick weed as some of the leaves are still included in the press as thjey are so small.....Peace out...Sid

12. hash is resin...and i guess u can get resin from just about anything of a plant if u smash it hard enough. but what u are looking for at the cannabinoids and mainly a nice mix of THC's. evolutionarily...they are prob produced to keep animals away from the newly forming buds and premature seeds. so...all the "good" resin is in the bud part.

good hash is battered buds on mats or screens...i dont know where bad hash comes from but my guess is of lesser quality areas of the plant.

fyi...u dont wanna be smokin those fan leaves...that is where the plant stores 'poop'...of the plant. plants gotta take a shit somewhere u know.
    u also dont wanna be smoking chlorophyll...its very hi in tar and resin...but not the resin u want. tar and resin is the shit in cig's that will kill u.
    the THC content is so far low down in the leaf that its only good for a compost pile in my opinion...but maybe that is cuz i got da buds :)

so the moral of the story...dont smoke the leaves...they are bad any way u cut or smash em up...go for the buds!!!!

13. Some times... In this case... partially corect!

Well... I didn't say hash is made from buds. I said from the little hairs on the buds. And if you want real hash... that has to be included in the mix. I have to admit that I'm shooting kinda in the dark here. I'm just using common sense and what little I have read about how to make hash on-line. (What pot head wouldn't have checked this shit out as soon as they get an internet connection?) I've never made hash or even smoked it…. Yet.

Well... for the first time I am actually using this acronym. GIGO! If you put a bunch of low-grade shit together you are not going to get good hash. Meaning.. yes you can probably extract what little thc there is out of the shit parts of the plant and try to concentrate it. But if you wanna get fucked up... gotta use the hairs (since that's where the highest concentration of thc is).

Your "hash" sounds like po man's shit. People who make real hash have enough to use the very best parts of the plant. But if you live where you can be imprisoned for having pot... well then you gotta get creative (hence, po man's hash).

14. Supporting my claim that you're putting a bunch of shit in the mix if you put leaves in there too. lol

15. using the cold water-extraction method (i.e. bubblebags) properly, and if you use high quality cannabis, you can, in fact, produce very good hash. Even leaf material. There is not waste in the leaf- they expell used products through photosynthesis. There can be many trichomes on leaves, believe me.

16. Yes they sure can...I've used bubblebags for making hash from leaves before, not fan leaves mind you. Water seperates the trichomes from the junk.