Ruderalis Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Two-One, Jan 25, 2011.

1. I recently ordered seeds and got 2 free fem seeds with my purchase. One of them is IL Diavolo Automatic.

Since I have never grown any type of automatic. Can you grow them on a regular light cycle or are they always going to start budding when they hit the maturity they need to be at? -Not light induced. Because thats the impression I have.

:smoke:

2. You start them on reg light cycle and leave them on it until harvest.

3. like already said just put them on a reg light and they will go all the way till harvest check the breeders site and see what light time they recommended it be 18/6-20/4

4. I know, but I was wanting to grow it on a regular light cycle with another seed. The other seeds isnt an automatic.

5. Oh i got you know. You could go 12/12 if thats what you mean. All that would happen is that the auto will get less light for budding. If time is not an issue for you then i would just keep the regular seed in veg for 2 months just so the auto can get the best light. Also the yield will be worth the wait in the end.

6. So your saying let the regular seed veg by itself and then plant the automatic when I switch the regular one over to 12/12?

If so, cool. :wave:

7. They don't do as well in 12/12 as they would 20/4 (optimal - 24/0 also works well), but it will work. No matter what they will flower based on age and not light cycles. The only exception to that is when they are bad genetics and aren't autoflowering at all (I haven't had this happen personally, but have seen it a few times on here)... which the fix for that would be to do 12/12, so it's fine.

8. So if I let it grown with the regular seed - Going 24/0 for the veg and then switching with the reg ones to 12/12, there shouldnt be any bad affects right?

9. The only bad thing would be that the auto would get less light then what is optimal. This is what I believe would be the best course of action. Find out the total time the auto will take till harvest, let's say that is two months. Now so that both plants get optimal light start the auto the after a month plant the reg

10. Alright nice. I looked it up, takes 7 weeks.

After my current grow, I will be doing this one.

Thanks.

11. hope you have a journal to show how it goes

12. 4'sure.

In a couple days I should have a journal grow going for my current grow. Burmese Kush & Extreme Indica. Seeds are germin now :wave:

13. sounds like a good one