Rubbermaid - CFL - Haze Strains

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dissec, Nov 26, 2011.

1. I've heard good stuff about the Blackstar panels. I'm going to get an hps/mh ballast and bulbs for the big grow when I move. I'm gonna wait a bit on LED tech just so it can come along in quality and let the price drop a bit.

The plants have all been doing fine, but since nothing new or exciting has happened I'll wait on pics. I think the PH lockout (at least what I suspected) is fading away on my big plant, possibly with the middle one too.

Still trying to find a viable bag seed, can't get any of these bitches to pop.

I suspect my mom was checking my plants for me, I think she knocked over a cup and didn't fill the soil back up so my smallest had a bit of its taproot showing, should be fine though.

I really need a bigger box that can still maintain its stealthiness while allowing me to cut hole for ventilation and such. I have a huge chest (like a treasure chest kinda) but its too hard to drill through so can't use that.

If anyone has suggestions to my box problem please let me know, the biggest is already nearing the lights, and it hasn't even been put in a full sized pot yet.

2. Next time you grow, try seed starter soil. Then when your plants go into veg. transplant to Ocean Forest.

With cfl's the plants can be pretty close to the light but don't let it touch the plant.

3. Grabbing a seat on your grow.:smoke:
    And I'm in the same boat with the ph problem.
    Looks like our grow ops are around the same timing (yours a little ahead).
    Be nice to compare grows.

4. Cool & thanks, I just got a bigger box, and a new air purifier for ventilation. Fucked up my supercrop and severed the stem all the way so my big one is now tiny. I did transplant it into a bigger pot though and its root system was massive, hopefully it'll grow back before long.

I really wanna induce flowering soon, so I can see which ones are my males and which are my females.

5. You can mend the stem back together with tape believe it or not.
    I will just take a few days to fully mend back to normal.

6. I was all out of tape, so I tried wrapping wire around it while it was still barely attached, which just snapped it all of. After that I decided to just go ahead and consider it a massive top and let it grow from there. Its root system is built really well so I'm hoping that will help it out.

I need to transplant the other 2 soon before they get rootbound, their roots are already popping out of the drainage holes.

7. Yeah thats true, you saved your self the trouble of topping it in the future.
    I'm sure your lady will recover just fine I snapped a stem or two in my day (tends to happen with lsting),
    and yeah my rooting was doing that too and the growing seized up so I transplanted asap, and then she loved the new room and grew another leaf set overnight.

8. She (well, hopefully she) is already putting out new leaf sets from the 2 branches it had left, no matter what I do I can't stunt this plant it seems, even when I split like half of its roots off!

I've got room for 1 more pot, maybe a 2nd. I'm probably gonna choose the healthier looking plant this weekend and transplant it, then leave the other in there in its cup. Probably a week or 2 more of vegging then flowering, seeing as they're pure sativa or very close to it I feel like they're going to get very big and if one of these is the skunk hybrid, very smelly.

I need to get some new pics up soon, the new grow box with the new air purifier is working great right now.

9. Any thoughts of putting a scrog screen up?
    You have to veg longer to fill the screen but its very much worth it in the long run.

10. I'd like to, but my grow box is pretty limited on space and I've already seen heat damage on all the plants to some extent, so I'm probably going to write this whole grow off as a test and enter flowering as soon as each plant has enough room for a couple good bud sites, and the other 2 are transplanted into pots at least a little bit bigger than their cups.

11. Your plants have to be mature enough to flower before you can induce flowering.

This is evident by the presence of pre-flowers.

You won't get much yield with cfl's but it's good for a first time grow practise. I think you should see it through to the end.

12. and clones carrie age so you can plant and flower, update???

13. Well I flipped them to 12/12 just now, the plant are all at the height that if they double they will be out of the box. The one I mis-supercropped is the best of them all, its basically a T-shape with thick stems. I'll get some pics up sometime soon, gonna be replacing the bulbs soon with all 2700's and keep 1 or 2 6700's

14. Once clones are rooted you can induce flower. I thought he said he started from seed that's why I said that.

15. I did start them seeds, I'm waiting til I move and have a larger area where I can actually breed and invest into my grow before I worry about cloning them.

16. just so your not confused lol

17. Oh yea don't worry I did do my initial reading so I'm not too far behind in beginners knowledge, I have trouble with things like narrowing down the exact cause of my plants problems but nothing too major (one looks great, one looks decent, other one looks like a bitch, but it was rootbound for a week or 2 so it has an excuse)

I'll take some pics as soon as they show sex, I wanna get the males out asap. I hope my good looking one is female, if that means the other 2 have to be male I'm fine with that.

18. ok cause i swear most people have no idea wtf is going on

19. Oh yea, this thread is disorganized as fuck. I'd take a pic now, but then they'd be exposed to light in their dark hours so I'll have to wait.