Rubber in a spray can?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Xeroes, May 4, 2013.

1. Has anyone used any of these products or know if they safe for plants?

2. I've seen them around and I was wondering the same thing. On a commercial they have them on potted plants.

3. Looks like just might have to test it out and report back

4. If it works please do, because it' be great for sealing out light everywhere.

5. I'm sure it would be perfectly fine for light leaks on your grows pace I'm thinking more along the lines of sealing buckets and watertight connections. Going to test it out in next few days. I drilled a whole to big so it will be perfect test. Going to fill with caulk then use the Flexseal over to hopefully ensure a nice watertight seal and salvage my bucket.

6. So did it work good for your watertight seal?

7. I've used it to seal a crack in some lining. Took me 2 bottles and didn't work. I ended up getting silicone and filled it in that way, prob best way

8. I know..test it out for safety...spray it in a bowl, let it cure and eat out of that bowl for a year...if you live, it may be safe, but it could already have killed you...(cancers take longer to show up)

OR

Read the label...if it doesn't say it is safe for food containers, (safe to be in contact with foods) or for fish tanks, then it should be assumed it is poisonous.