Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RSO & Shatter

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MrsFlorez314, Jun 26, 2019.

1. I'll be making RSO for my father in law using 7 grams of indica shatter and everclear for a solvent. Curious if anyone else has ever done it this way? Any tips?

2. I wish you would tell me please

3. Have you made RSO before? Did you use a different form like wax or buds? I only know the process for wax and planned on doing the same for the shatter

4. I’d hit up brassnwood or psychedelics am In The edible section

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shatter is effectively RSO already, and can range from 50-90% thc depending on prep method.
    Unless your father in law wants alcohol, dissolving the shatter in any oil will be simpler.
    Alcohol will dissolve capsules, oil won't.
    Alcohol burns, oil doesn't.
    I prefer oil that's liquid at room temp so that no thawing is required.

I actually did this to treat my wife's cancer:
    Decarb @ 240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer.
    Add enough oil to make the strength you want. Shatter dissolves easily in oil with a bit of heat added.

Size 00 capsules are convenient, and hold about 0.9 mL each.
    Assuming 70% thc, that 7000 mg shatter has 4900 mg thc.
    If you dissolved it in enough oil to make 49 capsules (41 g total weight of Oil+Herb), each capsule would have 100 mg thc. This would be too much for a new user, but the caps can be partially filled, and eventually he might need full capsules.

1 capsule ~ 30 drops, so at this strength the oil/shatter would have about 3 mg thc/drop

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1