Rqs royal gorilla

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Skippy2112, Jan 13, 2017.

1. In regards to the defol.. anything blocking light to lower growth right? I’ve been taking leaves off here and there as well as some lower growth that won’t produce. I feel like she’s already almost done stretching maybe in three days on res change she’ll stop once she gets the floragro cut back. I’ve got a vague idea of defoliation done it once or twice

2. IMG_2020.JPG

3. I only do a light defol AT WEEK 3..not afterwards unless something drastic happens (but that's me and others do it differently)..The plants will re-leaf themselves as they are still devoting energy to growing (stretching)..When stretching stops..she devotes all energy to making buds:)

With bushy plants like this..it is important not only to let light penetrate, but also to get air flowing all around everything..Turbulence also HELPS keep some bugs from getting comfortable..

Many growers strip their plants but not I..Just me again..I like the leaves on when the end comes and she needs the food stored within.
    Please do not construe anything I have said as gospel, since their are so many conflicting views on this and many more subjects involving Cannabis;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your good man! I’ve done lots of looking around and most everyone has a different opinion. But I’ve seen it do wonders. I gave her a bit of a defol and got a lot more visible bud sites

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got a carbon filter finally. Good news didn’t effect my temps one bit

• Like Like x 1
  6. Image1525136039.876841.jpg Image1525136051.675049.jpg
    With a res change tomorrow she’s gunna explode in budsites

7. Looking great!
    That is a bushy MOFO..LOL

Before week 3 is over..I would get some of thos fans removed from the middle so air and light can get in..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man I did a defol two days ago. :p tomorrow I change the res I’ll give her one last go. Just don’t want her to hermie given it’s a gorilla glue strain

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, but somehow different...Mine were very stable and never nanered..RGS has some good genetics..The problems are that If you don't..Budrot and worse could be waiting..Not wanting to scare you..but it is a possibility...JUST DO YOU THING AND SIT BACK..I have begun to strip my own plants in preperation for a chop latee this week..
    sheesh..Pineapple Express2 has some of the thickest colas That I ever saw..Gonna be a long trim..LOL
    trimming sux.jpg

10. IMG_2030.JPG IMG_2031.JPG
    Starting week three did a small defol. Looking her over for things I can take off here and there

11. PLANT WILL GIVE YOU A GREAT YIELD IMO!!:)

Here's what I would take before the 4th week begins (or there abouts)
    Notice..I only circled ONE large fan leaf per cola, so there is more than enough to keep things happy, AND TIDY!!;)
    IMG_2031.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clipped all the ones you pointed out and I honestly like the look of it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Much better I think..
    NEXT grow try taking a few more (after you are satisfied with the progress).

It really depends on the plant..I watch how the plant reacts in veg for an indicator later on in flower. Some re-leaf immediately..some do not..(Blueberry was pretty sucky that way and many other ways..too bad..I love BB smoke:()

Your Royal is a vigorous plant with a lot of side branching and bud site..so she was a prime candidate for her own good..(and yours too)

14. Now, gently bend the leaves I circled back and under other leaves to open up even more area.
    I marked ONE other fan that I would completely remove, but you could bend it back too..You can use those cheap green plant ties to tie them back if necessary too..these leaves will be used by the plant until they die off later on.
    IMG_2038.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. @Buzzer777

Thank you for the circles lmao she looks absolutely amazing this morning she drank a shitload yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  16. Picture..!!!!!!! I wanna see..LOL

17. IMG_2039.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alrighty THEN!!
    Glad it has worked out for you..
    BUT..your work has only just begun.. hahhah
    Now you are a plastic surgeon..NIP AND TUCK THEM LEAVES..MORE LIGHT AND AIR WILL FOLLOW!

A thought..
    When you are done..you should see some light reaching the SOIL below the plant..that helps keeps things nice and fresh..Remember..Bugs will lay eggs on the undersides of leaves (mostly)..Why? To avoid exposing their larvae to light..With light reaching the soil..it will help to keep them away (perlite or sand on top keeps the larvae of Fungus Gnats from getting a grip..as does moving air.).Bug's homes are constantly being destroyed by the air currents.

Whoops..forgot something..LOL
    Tuck(do not nip now) here:
    IMG_2039.JPG

19. Time to get to tucking then! What do you think? Overall looks of her