Rqs royal gorilla

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Skippy2112, Jan 13, 2017.

1. This is my first hydro grow I got some seeds from a buddy first one I planted of the mango tango was fem. She is 11 inches tall and just got topped at 7 nodes maybe a bit late we will see she's still had 3 more weeks in veg I took two small clones want to see how it goes I have a flower micro grow with 4 1600 lumen cfls and in my veg room I have a mix of led and cfl lights. I've read it does some good things. The leds are 5600 lumens and the two cfl Bulbs in veg with the two led lights are 2600 each. My grow space isn't big but it's fine for two maybe three small plants if trained right. This is my first hydro grow I've used soil media from the mountains near me for indoor grow the last two times [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you have height get a 400 watt hps. Get it, you will see a difference, specially if you are going to do a few in a small space. Or get actual T-5 grow lights. Shoot for 80 watts per sq ft.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I would but I can't find a cheap hps set up I'm kinda poor right now haha so I haven't been able to up my set up

• Like Like x 1
  4. It actually turned out to be male and that was my third one so I ordered some super silver haze and super lemon haze feminized seeds from bonza turns out the strain come from greenhouse seeds but it will be here tomorrow or the day after I can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  5. So I'm looking into hps and mh the 400w like you said should I get a ballast as well? I was also thinking about 2 300w mars hydro led lights

6. [​IMG][​IMG]
    So as of right now the seedling is super silver haze feminized from greenhouse seeds and the other one is grape ape let the good time begin!

7. 2 x 300 MarsHydro or equivalent LEDs are the better option in terms of heat, light coverage and yearly cost. You will get full coverage in a 3x3 with those and can keep them relatively close to the plants unlike the 1960's HPS and it's over heated ball-ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  8. Right on. I've been looking into the 300w leds just wasn't too sure but now I am. Thanks man.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got some slow growth on my seedling the super silver haze

10. So today they look pretty good the ssh got put in hydro with no nutes just yet she's still really small for being six days but the grape ape in my shitty backyard soil is going great with absolutely zero nutes. I know the lights are shit. Just waiting for my taxes to get some mars led lights

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Here they are day 10 from seed for the SSH looking good so far. The grape ape got topped and now it's bushing out.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. [​IMG][​IMG] the red stems are bugging me anything wrong?

13. Touch of cal mag will solve it possibly but.. stem purpling can be caused by a number of things though.. coldness.. light intensity usually from LED and pheno.. if the leaf stem is purple on top and green below it usually reflects on good lighting and not a concern. If it's becomes venal purpling on leaves it points to cal magnesium .. if u use good nutes and salts / cal-mag with excessive leaf vein and stem purpling it is coldness or simply pheno. Most LED and CFL growers get purpling at times..

• Like Like x 5
  14. [​IMG][​IMG] this is what it looks like today

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think it may be the pheno it's genetic female super silver haze from greenhouse seeds it's a photo period.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Think she needs a touch of Nitrogen.. have you tried foliage spraying with a secret product I love and use for pale green plants called 'Nitrozyme' .. I also would add a 1/2-1 ml of cal-mag per litre next feed as it will correct any deficiencies you may or may not have and won't cause burn provided you have a low EC.. plants that size like a 0.8-1.0 EC roughly even in a hot soil it's useful to boost growth..

what is your current Ph range?

17. I've been using purified drinking water should I use tap?

18. Ok.. good range.. try 5.8ph and never allow her to go above 6.2ph is my advice at any period! I find pH can rise a lot in hydro systems.. 5.8ph seems to be a favourite.. ur plant is very healthy looking but seem a touch pale green which points to a Nitrogen deficiency.. Nitrogen is a KEY component in fast and healthy development.. you wanna keep them pretty green in veg!

Still.. I am no stranger to Purple stems.. I always use cal-mag and feed according to plant demand and had no issues with the purple stems under 800W of LEDs .. don't stress it.. cal mag and hydro Seaweed extract is ur best friend at this stage.. make your roots and plant super healthy! A drop of superthrive for any shock such as PH lockout and plant shock can revive the most dead looking and unhealthy of plants to.. you can get a tiny bottle which will last you a year!

• Like Like x 4