Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Royksopp's mango & weed experiment (Updated w/ mine & other ppls results)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010.

1. #101 The Green Toker, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Shut up already people with these kind of annoying lies. This ops thread was an expirement and the results came back good. Obviously the mango worked so just stay out of this thread and keep yo mouth shut.

Why do people always use this as an example like it was used. haha, when it's the end of the world I wont be worried about anything what's there to be worried about, not having a job? paying rent? getting food on the table? no none of those, because the world will be over and you will be up in heaven or down with satan.

2. ???? It's been over an hour dude? I think this dude got too high to update lmfao.

Here we go again.....read through the last 6 pages, please. We already had this discussion.

Calm down...please... don't get this thread closed. I'm annoyed by the comment as well but clearly he didn't read through the last 6 pages so just ignore that.

3. After all the fuss about this thread I took my ass to the store & bought 3 mangos.

One was already ripe & the other two I'm gonna let ripen for a few more days. But now that the first one is down, I'm about to roll over to a friend's house & proceed to be faded :smoke: haha

4. Well, I'm fucking ripped!:smoke:

I think the mango is definitely having an affect on my high. I'm having a having a head numbing/tingling feeling that isn't familiar. And, it could be all the sugar but I feel like it's a much more energetic and giggly high than normal. It might be worth mentioning that I'm not at all a novice toker.

I'll update again later on..:wave:

5. I wasn't trying to rage or anything like that, I'm quite high right now and happy, that wasn't meant to be anything like that. Just laughing at the fact that you forgot about my whole post, except the last part that is.

6. #106 Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    Hahahah finally! I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I was giggly in my post...so we seem to be having the same affects so far. The head tingly thing I felt too but I didn't post it because I thought it was just the weed....but it was tingly like when you smoke a sativa dominant strain....where you feel light headed and the high creeps up on your head. Do you know what kind of weed your smoking? Mine was "guava kush". Maybe I was too high but it seemed like sativa dominant for me.

I wish I knew why some people are accusing me of lying? Why would I even bother lying to a bunch of my friends? I would get no benefit from it at all. I just wanted to try this out and see if it actually worked for me and I wanted to report it so that other members/friends can see my results with this experiment. That's just non sense...I don't like being called a liar so please cut it out.

Like all experiments (woohoo elementary memories), you should try this more than once. I have two mangoes in my kitchen, smaller than the one I had yesterday but still ripe and ready to eat I'm also picking up tonight so I will try this experiment AGAIN with different weed and smaller mango and will post my results with that.

Anyone wanting to post their results of their experiment in this thread...feel free :wave:

7. Nice!

I'll post back later tonight, because as far as I'm going to get high I doubt I'll want to drive back to post those results.
    But rest assured, I won't forget to remember :D

8. This might seem like a dumb question, but what's the easiest/best way to tell if a mango is ripe?

9. I'm not sure of the specific strain I'm smoking, but it's definitely indica dominant and the hash was made from the trim of the same stuff. But, Yes!! it certainly seems like the mangoes making it feel like a more of a sativa-like, energetic, head-high.

Meh, forget the nay-sayers.. I'm no pharmacologist, but the science behind why this works seems plausible to me. Then, with actual experiences from blades ontop of it, there's no reason why people should call you a liar. They just chose to deny before investigating the facts, and now their ego gets in the way of letting them admit they might be wrong:p

10. The color will be more of a dark orange/red instead of green, and also if you apple slight pressure to it it will be soft and not firm.

11. In my first post I said mangos work for me. I'll elaborate:

Facts:

-I've been a daily smoker for more than half my life. As a kid I smoked everything from corn silk to banana peels trying to get high. I think any placebo effects would be lost on me. I've been around the block too many times to try and fool myself.

-I've tried ripe mangos 5 or 6 times and I believe they work. I've never eaten more than half of a large one. I noticed a difference every time.

-Even if it is only a placebo effect, who cares? If you think or feel like you're higher, WTF is wrong with that?? I'd rather say " I tried this and I feel more buzzed. This is awesome!" than say " This doesn't work, I'm not gonna bother trying it, so...yeah, I'm not feeling more buzzed. Nothing particularly awesome here".

12. I'm going to replicate this experiment tonight, I'm somewhat high now, but ill wait till I feel sober, then drive to the supermarket and get 2 mangoes (1 for munchies/re-vamp high) then an an hr after I eat the mango ill smoke, I only have about half a g of dank from the last of a quarter, but its so dank that like .3 gets me blasted. Ill post my findings/timetables later tonight, or tomorrow morn if I fall asleep.

13. I just bought a mango I need to peel it but mad people say half hour and some 45 minutes...Do i need to eat the whole thing? this thing is gigantic...

I gather you eat mango, wait 45 min smoke blunt? that pretty much the gist of it?

I just want to know how long and if I were to modify the taste of the mango slightly/ do I need to eat the whole thing I am eager to start because i have not smoked all day

and my mango is like redish is that straight?

14. i am so doing this.

15. Well, I'm still pretty high, and I feel like I should have came down by now had it not been for the mango. I'm nearly positive the mango intensified my high quite a bit and gave it a more sativa like feel, a placebo effect seems very unlikely to me.

I'm glad I finally gave this a try, I'll definitely will be doing this again.

thanks royksopp, for detailing your experience for us and motivating me to finally try this.

16. The stronger the weed the less the effect you'll get from a mango. It's a great way to potentiate cannabis, but strong strains already have plenty of myrcene in them so the effect is far less on top of the line herb.

17. Some people add salt to their mangoes believe it or not. Maybe it's a hispanic thing. Personally, I don't do it because I like them just the way they are. But you can try and see if that works (obviously try a small bite with it and see if you like it).

I ate a pretty big mango...similar in size to the one Nameunknown posted. It was kinda hard to eat because of the size but I just devoured it in sake of the experiment. I would eat the whole thing, personally. And yes ripe mangoes are suppose to be reddish and a bit squishy when you grab them.

try it and let us know how it goes :smoking:

18. lol so this is pointless? fuck I have good weed and this mango just staring at me saying eat it..i am going to go peel my mango eat that shit and time 45 min..my roommate says I am retarded lmao

19. There is nothing pointless about tasty tasty mangos :yummy:

Also, I said the effect is less with potent weed. I don't have a breakdown of your herb's terpenoid content. It can't hurt, even if the effect is less than if it were mids.*

*EDIT: You'll still be far more stoned with a far more quality high than when smoking lesser stuff ;)

20. so what if I just smoke a smaller amount instead of rolling a dutch/joint and smoke like a half a joint