Round Two's First Real Attempt - Summer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Round Two, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Well, I've finally got the time, place, and came across some seeds, so I started a little project. Or rather, my friend is doing all this and I have no association with it aside from my recording of the following...

Anyways, some quick background. I've worked at a nursery/garden center for 3 years so I've got some horticultural experience. I've been in the MJ business for quite a while but never really tried growing. Kept the few seeds I came across in buys over this past summer (typically some good dank but every once in a while I'd get a seed in a quap). I'm hoping to have this plant harvested, dried, and curing by the end of May so I've got some summer cash - hence, "Summer."

I started germinating this particular seed on December 2nd, and put it in dirt on Dec. 6th. While I had originally planned on staying in town over winter break, plans changed and I had to leave my seedling in a makeshift greenhouse consisting of a plastic tub with an inch of water at the bottom which was covered in empty, cleaned beer bottles (the bottles keep the soil out of the water so the roots don't rot), with saran wrap over top to seal in the moisture and a few cfls above that. The seedling stayed in the greenhouse for about 4 weeks and obviously stretched quite a bit. But it survived. Once I got back from break about a week into January I was able to take good care of my seedling.

The soil I planted in was some decent organic stuff. I added Espoma's Plant Tone to the mix. Plant Tone is a great organic fertilizer that won't burn your plants. Otherwise, I've just been watering as needed (I let my soil get almost dry before watering again or as the plant shows any signs of dehydration).

PICTURE TIME!

Topped/fimmed the day I got back and here's a few days later:
    [​IMG]

A couple days later:
    [​IMG]

A couple days after that... It seemed to almost double every two days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Now the good part! Today I've got some real good progress to show. The stretched stem has thickened enough to support the plant alone and the foliage is actually at the perfect height to scrog. I hope to be able to move my plant to somewhere a little more spacious than my friend's space that I'm getting to invade soon in which case I will scrog it up. There's a fan blowing from the left side of the closet if you're wondering what's up with the leaves looking bent over in places.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Am I correct in assuming, based on the leaf shape, that this is a predominantly sativa plant?

4. Correct.

Nice plant! I would suggest, at some point in time, transplanting into a bigger bucket. And when you do that, bury some of that stem into the dirt.

5. Thank you!

Ideally, I want to fill most of my large bin like these:
    [​IMG]

with soil and put a grid on the top of it for scrogging. Would probably cut a chunk out of the side for watering and such too. I might or might not bury the stem more depending on the height I want to have the grid sit at because I'd end up clearing out the lower branches anyways and the stretched stem sorta solves that issue already.

6. Got sativa's runnin now bud! lookin good over here! Prepare for a super long flowering time!!!

7. 8-12 weeks?

8. lookin like it! 4 weeks in and only good things to come!!!

9. Good stuff, thanks! :smoke:

Might get to drop by to check in on it again today.

10. Gettin thicker!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. What are those seedling ya got goin my man?

12. Those are my friend's. He's growing them till they show sex and then passing the girls on to another friend. However, I do have one more little seedling in the smaller red pot. Just some a bagseed but who knows what it'll turn out to be.

13. given love and what it needs.. you can turn it into some killer smoke my friend!

14. I hope so. Been looking at some more houses to rent for summer and next year and looking at making space for 6 or so plants in one prospective home. Exciting to be getting close to making things happen that sounded unrealistic just a few years ago.

15. growin up is a fine double edged sword man.. gotta take the good with the bad!

16. Picked up on that real quick with a few slipups the past couple years. Liberating but stressing at times.

17. Yessir! Now you'll have a steady supply of fuck-a-tol!!!

18. Holy hell! This thing's taking off! :D:D:D

Went by today and it just keeps looking better. Still looking to get it into a bigger space but haven't found one yet. Here's some pics :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. My next seedling has sprouted and was relocated to where I can care for it more often. :D:smoke:

20. Ok, so I have always had a dream of growing and yesterday was the first day I actually had the idea that this is possible. I hope you the best luck and hopefully soon I'll be able to do the same!