Rosin Extraction

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Señor_Yerba_503, Apr 14, 2016.

1. I pressed some mid grade bubble hash using a tshirt press at 280℉. I was wondering what could be some reasons why it came out dark looking? Taste good, not harsh at all. The only think wrong with its it look [​IMG]

2. Well how long did you press it for?

3. 10 seconds

4. Used 14gs of bubble hash and got 2.7 in return

5. Well idk what the issue is tbh lol sounds right maybe try like 220

6. How would I do this with a hair straightener? Put my hash in parchment paper and press for ten seconds?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yea temperature is the real factor

8. Very interesting I'm gonna have to give this a try with some of my full melt I watched a video on it thanks for the idea! Let you know how it turns out

• Like Like x 1
  9. Can't wait to see how it comes out

10. Definitely gonna give it a try tonight, just got the go to use my girlfriends top of the line hair straightener it has a temp control so it should work nice and I'm using some a+ full melt 75 micron[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]how did you get the remaining hash particles from the wax though it's kinda just half wax half hash mess

12. Might not be answering your question, but I used the rosin 90 micron. I stuffed it with the hash and then wrapped it with the parchment paper and pressed it

13. What do you mean you used the rosin 90 micron

14. You mean the silicone wax things ?

15. Or are you saying you just left it in there

16. No, he is saying he used a screen. You can't just put hash in parchment paper and squeeze. And it looks like youused wax paper, not parchment paper. So if i was you i would throw that entire mess away because there is no saving it from the wax paper

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah it turned out a mess and it was wax paper I just threw it out. Not quite sure where you would put a screen? Oh well it was worth a try I prefer hash anyways

18. What they are saying is this...

First, you used wax paper and you needed to use parchment paper. They are two completely different types of paper. The wax from the paper melted into that rosin you were trying to make. With parchment paper it won't do that. Remember, it has to be parchment paper.

Second, when you use something as fine as that full melt, it will / can come apart on you and mix with the rosin your trying to create / extract. They are saying you need to wrap that full melt to keep the bulk of it together so you can get the extract and the full melt to separate. My broski does that with super dry / super brittle ganja to keep particles of bud and stuff from getting into the rosin extract.

With that said, did you look up any videos or anything on how to actually do this or are you just free balling it? You might just go get some kids and work out a system. Once you have some sort of idea on what you're doing and how it works then you might try with something like full melt.

I can get a decent dab sized glob that's perfectly dabbable using my wife's hair straitener about half the time. So with that said, I'm sure you'll get far better info if you search the rosin tech posts and see what you see. Good luck broski...

19. Thanks for the feed back! I used wax paper cause I didn't have any parchment left and it was kinda just a mess around trial run haha. I also cut up the full melt into little chunks because the video I looked up on YouTube someone was using really fine bubble the stuff that almost looks like dirt due to how fine it is. Luckily I have a ton of hash to play with. I'll do a little more research and play around a little. Trial and error is the best way to learn in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cool man. Keep posting. Practice makes perfect. All the great wax masters started somewhere, you could be next.....it happens!

They do make rosin extraction machines. I think it was called an essential oil extraction or oil extraction machine. There was a link to one in one of the posts here at the city. It was some Chinese outfit and the ratings were great.

It had variable temp control and large 5 inch diameter paddles. Works just like rosin tech is supposed too as far as I could tell. I might just give that a go.