Roshihan’s 2019 Outdoor Grow - Bruce Banner/Crown Royale/Cream Caramel

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by vanhorn, May 23, 2019.

1. #1 vanhorn, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Hello Everyone!
    Been reading the forums for years and have done an outdoor harvest the last few years.

I’ve always enjoyed reading everyone’s journals and have learned a lot so I figured I would show what I’m up to and maybe someone will enjoy mine!

I wish I had some earlier pictures but I didn’t get any germination/topping.

Here’s what I have going on.

I cracked 15 seeds:

5 Bruce Banner - Sonoma Seeds
    5 Cream Caramel - Sonoma Seeds
    5 Crown Royale - Crop King Seeds

I’ve previously grown crop king seeds with good success, Sonoma is a new brand for me.

At the end I end up with 3 bruce, 3 crown royal and 5 cream caramel.

Grasscity Forum[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 vanhorn, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    [​IMG]
    (4 weeks)

Seedling were started under 40w LED light bank in peat pod and moved to small pots.

3. I’ve had pretty good success with topping and training plants over the years and getting a nice bushy plant (last year).

[​IMG]

So I topped most of the plants at the 3rd or 4th node. (Wish I had pictures).

Out of the 11 that survived - 8 were topped - 1 was trained (LST) and 2 were left.

(4 weeks)
    Grasscity Forum[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]

I’ve grown in this bed the last few years and have just made it bigger each year. This year I tilled the soil then added peet, manure and compost covered and let it sit for a couple weeks.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

Pre dug my holes into the bed and Planted all 11 of my girls!! I filled the holes with promix hp mycorrhizae.

I cover the whole bed with landscape fabric to control the weeds, but still let water thru. I make sure to cut a big hole in the fabric so I can water the plant easily.
    [​IMG]

And now I’m we’re all caught up to real time. Been in the ground for a couple days and all looks good.

I will update as often as I can, let me know what you think, or if you have any questions please comment!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Very nice man, I will be following along for the journey

• Like Like x 2
  7. [​IMG]

1 week in the ground and everything looking good.

I have lots of things going on, I am trying out a couple of different methods to get bigger yields. So I figured I would introduce the girls to everyone. I’m hoping to use this to see what does yield the best, but have topped most of them because it has worked wonders in the past. I usually top as soon as the 3rd node appears - as a seedling.
    ——————————————-
    Cream Caramel #1 (the # is bc I have three. - not a different strain)

Seeded April 8th - in ground May 20.

[​IMG]
    (6 weeks)

Looking healthy 1 week in the ground.

[​IMG]
    (7 weeks)

This one was topped at the 3 node but didn’t catch the whole thing and 2 smaller shoots formed in the 4th node. I believe this technique (when done on purpose) is called FIM’ing.

I have tied down two of the larger shoots so the shoots at the 4th node can see the light!!

[​IMG]
    (Top view CC#1 - 7 weeks)

If you see from the top view two smaller shoots right in the center of the other 4.

Next up: Cream Caramel #2

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cream Caramel #2

Seeded April 8 - in-ground May 20

[​IMG]
    (6 weeks)

This lady I haven’t trimmed at all - her curves are from Low Stress Training. As a seedling I tied down the main shoot and caused the lower shoots to catch up. Caused a leaned over profile.
    [​IMG]
    (7 weeks)

After planting I have used dental floss to pull down the main shoot.
    [​IMG]

From the top you can see 4 or 5 nice shoots apart from the main.

[​IMG]
    (CC#2 - Top view)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crown Royale #1

Seeded April 8 - in-ground on May 20th

[​IMG]
    (6 weeks)

This beautiful girl was topped at the 3 node. The topping was clean and it branched nicely.

[​IMG]

Seems to be a little droopy than the others, but it could be the strain.

[​IMG]
    (Branch structure after 5 weeks after topping)

[​IMG]

From the top you can the 4 nice shoots.

Up Next - My towering beauty: Crown Royale #2

• Like Like x 2
  10. I'll be watching for sure I'm really interested in watching your Bruce Banner that's my next seed. But I'm not going to get it through the breeder you got it from.
    I'll be getting it through Dark Horse genetics I really like they're breeding style but nevertheless I want to watch the Bruce Banner it's my next regular seed to get for my garden.
    I run the Chem Barry diesel that also has Bruce Banner in it in some way shape or form I forget the genetics right now or I would break it down for you. but that stuff is very potent between 27 and 32% THC it's got a sativa buzz but it's got an Indica laid back side also. Very fun all of my clients love it a lot and it produces a great yield with Dank buds... outside I've gotten over two pounds off of one plant no problem of quality smoke not talking about lowers and garbage just straight-up dank buds.

I'll be kicked back watching you in my easy-chair with my favorite beverage and my favorite smoke.
    Happy growing

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cool. I will get some pictures up of the Banner soon. I have 3 on the go (out of 5 seeds) - all topped. Looking for some good yields!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. #12 vanhorn, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Crown Royal #2

In ground May 20 at 6 weeks veg.

[​IMG]
    (6 weeks)

I have left this one alone and not topped or bent it at all.

[​IMG]
    (7 weeks)

As expected one main top and couple nice looking lower branches.
    [​IMG]
    (CC#2 Top view)

At week 8 she’s grown well! Considering doing some bending, but I might just leave her to grow.
    [​IMG]
    (CC#2 8 weeks veg)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cream Caramel #3

[​IMG]
    (6 weeks)

This young lady was topped normally at the 3rd node as soon as the 3rd set of leaves appeared. Nice split at the top and other 4 caught up nice. This plant will have nice shape.

[​IMG]
    (7 weeks)

From the top it looks like 2 nice tops and 4 healthy lowers.

[​IMG]
    (CC#3 Top view 7 weeks)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Looking good man, I’m down for the ride.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Things looking great overall. Haven’t finished doing entries for each plant yet but figured I would do a overall update. These journal are tough to keep updated. I appreciate all the work you all do when you post this stuff.

[​IMG]

So all the plants look great. Except Crown Royale #1 it’s considerably smaller that the others. It was droopy when I posted the pics before. Now it’s just smaller.

[​IMG]

You can see compared the others.

[​IMG]

Not sure what to do (if anything), It’s had the same nutes and environment as the others - might be just genetics. Hope she catches up!!

Wish I started this as seed so I could see how seedling life was. Some of them were a little rough starting out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Looking good man everything's coming along pretty well. Damn weather though you know it's not a very warm year a lot of rain if you're here in the northern hemisphere anyways in America or Europe seems like a lot of rain this year for all of us here right now my temperatures are 64 degrees and I've had about 16 days of sunshine since the 30th of April. Temperatures have been cold and rain just about every day that it didn't sunshine.

Over all my crops are doing pretty well considering.

Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks!! I’m in Ontario. So similar weather as you. I have a good spot - gets about 10 hrs of direct sunlight - but I wish we had a bit more sun than rain and clouds.

Been reading your journals - awesome stuff. If you have any suggestions/advice I love to learn. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sure thing Northern Brother from another mother.
    I'll give you all the help you need. Just ask what ever ? And I'll do my best to give a hand.
    I have a few threads from years ago and now. Right now I'm running 4 threads this year.
    3 Grow battle threads Dinafem HSO and SeedStockers and 1 of my own 2019 mid Michigan.
    So which one are you reading? LoL or maybe one from the past.

I'm trying some new to me products. Boogie brew tea and Optic foliar ATAK.
    Going try these on different plants in the garden. If we can get a dry day.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 vanhorn, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    I’ve had a grand explosion of growth in the last couple weeks. [​IMG] (11 weeks)

Here are the 3 Bruce Banner. They look great. All of them where topped and have grown nice profiles.

[​IMG]
    (11 weeks)

——————-
    Cream Caramel #5. Didn’t train or top this on at all.

[​IMG] (6 weeks)

Now at 11 weeks it’s about 4 feet tall.

[​IMG]
    Added a chair for context.

I think it’s going to be huge. I think I am still 2 or 3 weeks away from the stretch, but not 100% sure the timing.

The only concern I have is these small dots on some of the leaves. Not sure if something is having a snack, if it’s a nutrition thing or nothing to worry.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It’s not on all of the leaves and not too bad - but was wondering what it might be. I haven’t looked at the nutritional guides yet. That’s my next step.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Looking good. Looks like a leave hooper eating on your plants.

• Like Like x 1