Ropeys Perpetual Grow - Sour Kush, Critical +, White widow +++++++++

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RopeyMagnumMan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. She still alive? Is been what, 4 days? lol

2. haha yes and of course it was almost death haha but so far so good. The other ones took forever to come up through the soil this one of course shot out overnight into the plastic bag that was covering it thank god i checked it right away. Shes now in the veg chamber with the now replanted Pineapple Chunk.

Pictures hopefully this evening, i didnt want to jump the gun. I wanna see that bitch open up cause this is where the last one died on me. PC was lookin real healthy but it seemed she hit a wall so i replanted her, im sure it will take a few days for the roots to really dig in to the 2 gallon smartpot. Once in the flower chamber it will be in a 5 gal smartpot.

3. Hey Ropey how's it going?

4. Hello guys, I decided to purchase the Inda-Gro lighting system - so wow! I'll let you know how that works for me. I was going to wait until 2013 to do my next grow but I'm just too anxious :)

I will be growing (if they survive) 4 different strains! I'm excited and have never done this many at one time before.. They are:
    Cinderella 99 (C99) - I'm going to start 6 seedlings in the hope of getting 2 good healthy females. Flowering time is short (literature says 50 days but I'm totally skeptical of that claim).
    Quasar - This seed was a freebie from my last order and it is feminized. Flowering time is medium.
    New York 47 (NY47) - This seed was a freebie from my last order and it is feminized. This is a mixture of AK-47 and New York Diesel and is mostly Sativa. Flowering time is long. I am excited about this particular plant :)
    UFO#1 Ceres Seeds Northern Lights x Skunk #1 Feminized - I am getting this seed as a freebie along with my C99 purchase.
    I'm planning to give each plant a full 60 days under 18/6 lighting before switching to 12/12. I expect for the NY47 to get pretty big so I'm going to put that one under MH and HPS apart from the others which I plan to grow under the new Inda-Gro lights.
    I'm going to start the Quasar earlier than the others since I expect it to be the shortest of the group. I'll start all the others whenever the order arrives; probably around mid-January 2012.

Wish me luck!

5. Sticky gooxd to see u! Finally having some luck!

That's awesome.....have u got the light yet or is it on the way?

Everyone I will be updating with pics today! Couple of things to talk about an such. Haven't been on in awhile.....bad ropey! Hell of a busy time a year

6. I haven't recieved the new light yet... Maybe I'll get it later this week. I expect it will be at least a couple of months before I start forming an opinion of how well it works. I'm very excited and anxious to see how well flowering goes with it! :)

Another huge difference between this grow and my previous ones is that I will be trying to maintain proper pH. In the past I didn't monitor it and I'm about 99% sure that improper pH has been a major problem for my plants. So I bought a new pH meter and plan to keep it under control. In the past the leaves have always started dying around 2 to 3 weeks into flowering. I expect my results this time around will be my best ever!!!

I put the Quasar seed into soil yesterday and am hoping it will germinate. It has been in my refrigerator for almost a year... For now it's under a small flourescent.

Here is pic I took of the Inda-Gro light description:

Attached Files:

7. Well we seem to be back on track in the last few days. Still not sure what happen to the pineapple chunk but it was totally stunted for almost 2 weeks. UGH. Thank god it recovered. Seems to have gotten back in stride. Took the bottom 2 leaves off they got pretty brittle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sour Kush Below FINALLY made it and is going well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last 2 photos are my small setup but i do what i can with what i got. This setup has been changed around for various reasons but is not complete yet. Hps is sittin idle for now. The reason i take the plants out to photograph is clearly because my veg compartment is cramed up top. Sorry guys Flower will be much easier for me to snap photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Tings are lookin ready bro!

9. "Took the bottom 2 leaves off they got pretty brittle."

I wonder what's going on with that plant. Assuming there is nothing wrong with your soil and environment then there may be something really wrong with it and I wonder if it will ever be really healthy. Good luck with it and thank you for sharing all this with us!

10. #50 RopeyMagnumMan, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    Its a strange happening but it seems to be growing with the same vigor as before. By now my plants are ready to flower...minor setback. It definitely wasn't root bound. The soil its high quality....the temp had been slightly lower then id prefer but it its winter. Normally my hps provides the heat....gotta get her running. very weird but over it seems.

On another note....found a seed in some Kush I picked up. This seed was like a steroid usin mutant seed. It was huuuuge! Ha but looked a little light to be viable. Said fuck it got nothing top loose. Long story short we had another baby...hopefully its a girl, should be above soil today or tomorrow

11. [quote name='"RopeyMagnumMan"']

Its a strange happening but it seems to be growing with the same vigor as before. By now my plants are ready to flower...minor setback. It definitely wasn't root bound. The soil its high quality....the temp had been slightly lower then id prefer but it its winter. Normally my hps provides the heat....gotta get her running. very weird but over out seems.

On another note....found a seed in some Kush I picked up. This seed was like asteriod usin mutant seed. It was huuuuge! Ha but looked a little light top be viable. Said fuck it got nothing top loose. Long story short we had another baby...hopefully its a girl, should be above soil today or tomorrow[/quote]

Sweet!! New family members

12. Looking pretty good to me. The PE should be fine it's looking good now. I'm going to be putting up an update and WTF maybe a smoke report later tonight. Swing by later. Peace.

13. Hey fellas, happy holidays. Was time for a watering so i snapped some pics! Pineapple Chunk is lookin healthy, she was topped and i took the top as a clone...my fingers are crossed(i HATE having to throw cuttings out hehe) I dont have a pic of my clone set up this second but its pretty simple. Cutting tray w/ mondi dome and heat pad(off right now). 65 watt cfl overhead. Anyways the PC and SK are getting Botanicare pure blend veg base coupled with SeaMag from humboldt to invigorate the roots get the nutes a little more accessible. I will say i was not counting on the smartpots drying so quick! but it does make sense. Anyways its a small sacrifice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this bag seed kush is a strange one. Got some diff shaped leaves but we will see what happens with it

14. The bad seed kush is a mutant for sure; probably not a good thing but you just can't be sure... I think that most mutants occur because of toxins and that an exposed parent plant can pass on bad genes to it's offspring.

I got my new inda-gro light and a small garden just getting started. I'm excited about the Cinderella 99's I've got in seedling stage in particular. I've read that this is a holy grail/legendary strain!

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

15. [quote name='"DankPursuit"']The bad seed kush is a mutant for sure; probably not a good thing but you just can't be sure... I think that most mutants occur because of toxins and that an exposed parent plant can pass on bad genes to it's offspring.

I got my new inda-gro light and a small garden just getting started. I'm excited about the Cinderella 99's I've got in seedling stage in particular. I've read that this is a holy grail/legendary strain!

Good Luck and Merry Christmas![/quote]

Dude!! I'm so jealous! my next purchase is going to be Cinderella 99! And that's what I've read too. Pre flower in as early as 4 Weeks in veg!!

Supposed to be a really fast flowering/potent/short plant. I want 10 seeds, pick a great mother and find a beast father. Save the mother forever (make a couple seeds, clone over and over) and use both the mother and father to cross with bad ass strains! Hopefully taking down the flowering time and adding weight to whatever strain I cross it with!

16. 4Jo2nes0 - Wow! You sure are ambitious! My intent is only to grow several strains so that I can eventually sample them. This time around my plan is to grow 5 plants with each one being a different strain. I try to grow as healthy and organically as possible. If I find a strain that I particularly like I'll have to buy seeds again... I haven't tried cloning yet...

It's all a fantastic learning experience the way I look at it :)

17. [quote name='"DankPursuit"']4Jo2nes0 - Wow! You sure are ambitious! My intent is only to grow several strains so that I can eventually sample them. This time around my plan is to grow 5 plants with each one being a different strain. I try to grow as healthy and organically as possible. If I find a strain that I particularly like I'll have to buy seeds again... I haven't tried cloning yet...

It's all a fantastic learning experience the way I look at it :)[/quote]

Haha only because I've done a lot of thinking/planning and have loads of free time at work (I'm at work right now lol)

And I'm kinda doing your idea currently. I have over 10 different strains still I'm seed and I'm doing a few at a time. Right now, white widow, mango kush, super sour og, sour diesel and a bagseed. Next grow will add double blueberry and tangerine dream... Maybe delirium too and a black jack...and a super lemon haze... Can you guys tell I'm high? Haha

and it is a hell of an experience growing your own crop. :) the entire growth is rewarding through all stages.

18. #58 RopeyMagnumMan, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
    ooohh i have some WW to.....whos the breeder jones? mine are dinafem.

This was 2 days ago both plants look much bigger but im to lazy!

First 3 pics are the Barney Pineapple Chunk after being lightly supercropped right before feeding
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sour Kush finally got some legs and is growin up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no pics of the bagseed kush but its looking decent deff a keeper so far. Ihad a mutant tangerine dream that ended up producing a lot of bud so ill give her a chance

19. [quote name='"RopeyMagnumMan"']ooohh i have some WW to.....whos the breeder jones? mine are dinafem.

This was 2 days ago both plants look much bigger but im to lazy!

First 3 pics are the Barney Pineapple Chunk after being lightly supercropped right before feeding

Sour Kush finally got some legs and is growin up

no pics of the bagseed kush but its looking decent deff a keeper so far. Ihad a mutant tangerine dream that ended up producing a lot of bud so ill give her a chance[/quote]

Mines From Nirvana. Buddy gave me a clone. Vegging it out/rooting it now.

They look lovely! That's a nice bright window you got there lol

20. 4Jo2nes0 - I grew a White Widow for my second grow. It was really strong and caused a bit of paranoia for me. I ended up using it to make canna-butter and I love it that way; especially when used to make cookies!

I should mention that I didn't know about flushing when I did my second grow and that could certainly have influenced the final result... My 3rd grow was a couple of Pandora's Boxes and I did flush. I thought that result was excellent but I'm sure it could've been better. Now that I'm on to grow 5, this is the first time I am checking pH and making sure that is accurate.

--------------------

RopeyMagnumMan - Your plants are looking beautiful! Could you please tell me what you mean when you say "supercropped"? I think that means you lightly bent the stems but I'm not sure...