Rooting Clones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Let-it-grow, Dec 31, 2008.

1. #1 Let-it-grow, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
    What is the fastest most effiecient way to root clones? whether its in rockwool ect. with rooting hormone. with an airstone in perlite w/ water. or any other method. im nto sure which one to use to get the best/fastest results

2. #2 Leapfrog, Dec 31, 2008
    It depends on personal "taste" but also what you are going to plant your clones in to after rooted.

You can spend a few hundred $$'s on a fancy name cloner or you can just cut off your clones, immediately (this is crucial!) dip them in rooting hormone (gel) and stick them in to a zip lock bag with a wet paper towel...or in a rock wool cube...or in perlite etc.

However you decide how to do it you always have to make sure a high level of humidity is being maintained to avoid the plant losing more water than it can pick up until it has grown roots.

There is a bit more to it than what I wrote but the above is basicaly what it boils down to.

On edit: Here is a little video for you to watch:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07--heDYHc"]YouTube - How to Clone Marijuana - Cloning Marijuana[/ame]

3. #3 Let-it-grow, Dec 31, 2008
    right on. im planning on planting about 10 clones off of my dying mother to save the strain,into a soilless mix. i started with 2 mazar clones. gave one to my buddy for him to play around with and the one i have i got it as a small rooted cutting and planted it into miracle grow organic soil and it was taking off at first. then soon enough it showed signs of problems .starting with purpling of stems. bottom leaves slightly scorched. then became moer severe like tons of leaves yellowing and browining off and dying. flushed it , didnt do much. mollasses made it look happier for like 3 days. then went back to shit. only the tops look nice, all other foliage is yellowing and browning in the center. dont have the money for an ACCURATE ph meter so im pretty much screwed. so i figure il just clone it up and start over with a soilless mix so i can keep a close eye on everything that the plant is taking in.no more fuck ups haha

4. #4 Leapfrog, Dec 31, 2008

No you're not! Just use RO water from Walmart! (That's the Distilled water (not Spring water!) and it has just the right PH value you need!)

5. yeah ive considered watering my plants with reverse osmosis water, but would it really balance the ph of the medium and help the plant you think ?

6. The primary problem I see here is the miracle grow organic soil you have been using. The RO water won't balance the PH of the growing medium but @ least it won't make it worse...

7. true. ive been using water out of the hose and Sometimes let it sit over night to evaporate. and i think thats what might be the problem. the tops look nice, but its yellowing and browning in the middle of all the leaves and eventually dying..anything like this ever happen to one of your grows?

8. #8 sunnysidefarm, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  9. im not growing hydroponically nor do i have a cloning system. but thats chill

10. are there good success rates in rooting clones in a soilless mix ?

11. #11 sunnysidefarm, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
    My success rate is 100%

1 or 20, they all root

These clones have rooted through the bottom of the cube in 5 days,

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      47.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      165.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      88.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      84.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      189.4 KB
      Views:
  12. #12 Let-it-grow, Jan 5, 2009

you kinda dodged the totality of my question. i meant planting clones in a mix of soilless ammendments, not hydroponics in expanded clay pellets

13. "mix of soilless ammendments" ??

I guess I cant help. didnt mean to dodge, i guess I dont understand

14. #14 Let-it-grow, Jan 5, 2009
    its really no problem. but what i mean is im trying to find out if it works well to root clones in a soilless mix (mix of growing mediums with no nutritious benefit) example: (perlite,vermiculite,peat moss,sand, lava rock. ect). soil ammendments are things like the givin example that are worked into the medium in order to attain a desired characteristic(drainage,retension ect.)

15. Attached Files:

16. you started them in peat pucks yeah ?

17. what are you talking about ?

18. oops, sorry, got my threads mixed up.

I'm 60, what can I say