Rootbound reminder

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shmokee, Apr 23, 2011.

1. So I'm in my grow room after enjoying a nice phat bowl of Sour Kush thinking about how happy I am to be almost four weeks into my bloom phase, with my first attempt at growing in optimal conditions. So my six plants are looking pretty bomby, ( Cindy 99, Matanuska Thunderf#%€, Lemon Shark (skunk/white shark hybrid) Top 44, Northern Lights #5, and Medi Bud)with three plants being exceptional (Matanuska, Top 44, And the NL) as I reflect on the grow process being: light, ventilation, nutes, strain, grow medium, temperature, humidity, co2, what music to play them.... Ha, you get the idea.

To make a long story just a little longer.. us, as a group of serious cannabis cultivators that strive for the perfect harvest must not forget about one of the basic rules of cannabis cultivation.

MAke sure you transfer the girls to larger pots as needed. though all weed harvested looks to be Irie, the overall size of my harvest will be impacted because I did not transfer when I should have. If I had not waited a few days to transfer a few of my girls to larger accomodations I wouldn't have stunted their growth for a few days. Point being, never forget the fundamental rules of marijuana cultivation.

EVER! :smoke:

Public Service Announcement

2. That's what I love about hydro, no limits to root growth.

3. One gallon of soil for every foot the plant is :smoke:

4. plants being root-bound and suffering is a myth. the only thing that suffers by keeping the root-mass small is your yield, lol. ask any sog grower, he'll/she'll tell you.... ;)

5. Yes, that would be the refernced "impacted yield", lol, peace!