Root Question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GanjaGremlin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hello, I've been looking into hydro growing and was wonder where do the roots go? I've seen people have a shit load of roots in a bucket of water, but I am debating on buying an omegagarden or a buddah box from supercloset. When I look at both of these verticle grows that are hydroponic I wonder where the hell are the roots, they all have little square spaces for the roots, but it is small as hell, what is happening here, are you expected to trim the roots? Thank you.

2. Don't bump posts dude. Google your question.

This question is kind of dumb anyways. The roots fill the pot and in between the medium. If you're running hydroton it'll fill all of the voids, then expand out of the pot. You don't trim them, you just let them grow and fill whatever space is available.

3. Oh didn't know bumping was not allowed in the Grasscity.com - Forum Guidelines

Also I didn't know that I'm not allowed to ask beginner questions in a beginner section. Plus every guide says you need 1 gallon bag for 1 month of life, with these grow systems it appears to only have 4 cubic inches of grow room, how does that translate over.

I don't understand why you come to flame on the beginner section, go hate somewhere else.

4. There are many different growing mediums which are used in hydroponic systems. From personal experience I have noticed that a 4x4 rockwool cube could sustain a plant all the way thru veg. Little hydraton under the cube and on to flower.

The big balls of roots ur seeing coming out of buckets is a DWC system where the roots are submerged in nutrient solution and being airated by air stones and an air pump. These systems can produce a huge root mass.

Just giving u an idea of the 2 extreames. I used to grow in a flood tray with 16oz. party cups filled with hydraton with holes on bottom and sides to water.

5. Thanks soo much for the advice man, makes sense now.