Root growing horizontally .. Problem?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankffs, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Hi guys!
    I've germinated my seeds about 2 weeks ago and since then planted them. The plants are growing fine except for one that has boomed in the last week.

However this exploding fellow has this one particular problem : the root isnt completely vertical in the ground. It is making an L__ Shape the tip of the L being the main stem and the lower part followed by the __ being the root.
    is there anything I can do?

Evertime I water this little fellow, the plan falls to the ground (it just falls and hug the soil because it isnt vertically growing.

what can I do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. pics?

3. photos help

4. This is what it looks like from the side. However as soon as I water it, and the soil is a little moved, it just falls (the plant) on the side...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had one that did that I used a tooth pick to hold it up for about a week then it was fine after that

6. Thanks Ne2grow, I'll use that technique! you're the best!

7. Yep, just give her support and she'll get her balance and dig those roots in good. I noticed your soil doesn't look to have perlite or grow stone (I use grow stone) mixed in??? If that's the case, you may have some drainage issues now or in the future if you don't fix it....

• Like Like x 2
  8. I actually used the same soil last summer and never had any problem, The plants grew pretty fast and the drainage was good. Its bio soil without any nutes

• Like Like x 2
  9. image.jpg image.jpg
    pull soil up too the feeders like I do, an how do you water feed them, here's my 9 day old blueberry twist from seed, your soil looks very dry, what's your light set up, schedule?

10. 1/4 nutes twice the last 9 days 2 1/2 litres per feed, til 20% runoff, had her on a 20/4 for 7 days and now on 18/6, I use the growth technology range, a 250w dual spectrum CFL and good old Scottish highland soil and peat

11. @Ppkw,
    the soil is dry because im micro watering them daily, like 250ml each plant but tonight i'll water them so that theres a 20% drainage and reduce the frequency of the watering to only when the soil is all dried up. Some say that I didnt fuck up but i'm still worried so ill just water them appropriately and less often :)
    what do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'll do what you did with the soil aswell to strengten the area where the main stem is coming out, Thanks for the feedback guys!

• Like Like x 1
  13. my light schedule is 20/4

• Like Like x 1
  14. you didn't fuck up yet bro, stick too what I did an you'll see a difference , ad put the light in an 18/6 next time your lights come on

15. 18/6 will be better then 20/4?
    how so?

16. @Ppkw
    btw, whats the growth technology range?

17. @Ppkw
    btw, whats the growth technology range?

18. for the lights I use
    1x250w cfl 6500k
    4x100w cfl 4100k

19. Out of curiosity, why do you use the 4100k? I know they'll grow a plant, but from my research 4100k isn't an efficient spectrum, I.e. power is wasted on a spectrum that is less visible to the plant. I run a mix of 6500k and 2700k, for my 4'-4 tube t5 I use 3 6500k and one 2700k and go opposite to start flowering (sog started under t5 and moved under a 250w m/h with a spectrum enhanced bloom bulb). They spend 3-4 weeks under the t5 then go to the end under the m/h.

20. i'm using 4x100w (4100k) since they're the only one available and they are mainly here to cover the outer range of my CFL 250W. Basically they are just support lights that enhance the light of the 250W CFL.

• Like Like x 1