Roor diffuser beads

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by mattc707, Aug 1, 2008.

1. hahah the bucket idea is top notch ha

2. i want these cuz my bong tips sometimes

3. You don't get it, do you? He's a collector. I'm sorry that his glass collection and taste far surpasses your collection of beer cans you have rigged to smoke out of.

Shut the fuck up.

Just....shut the fuck up. Every one wanted to say it, and no one did.

So I did.

BITCHING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT?! GENIUS!!!

You know better than to dish out disrespect like this here. No more warnings. *RMJL

4. beer cans or what i actualy have kennaroo, fro, lux, roor...yeah it's all the same. dumb fuck.

Don't retaliate by breaking the rules and calling someone a name. *RMJL

i get collecting. i don't get paying that much of a mark up for something roor buys and repackages. shit, even hashbean made his own beads, i guess he isn't a collector though

5. Sorry to start a little flame war.
    Thanks for seeing it my way, Reggin.
    Everyone chill out and pack one up. Its friday.

6. I wouldn't say they add enough bottom weight to make a bong more stable, but I guess the more weight at the base, the more stable it'll be.

7. #47 Mr. Jane, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Those beads are used in distillations. Many distillation systems use them in the distillation column. It improves the quality of the distillation, because it requires more heat to push the vapors up the column and through the beads.

That is all they are. ROOR probably just buys them from a chemistry laboratory supplier I bet...

8. so what exactly does diffusing it with the beads do that the diffused down stem can't do?

isn't the smoke going to the same place anyways?

9. im def getting these whenever i get a fixed stem toro cause like tricky said it would add diffusion. eventually i will have it...

10. Do you guys notice a difference when smoking with the beads rather than just a normal diffused downstem?

11. yes, the smoke is milder and they act as a splash guard, causing less "wet" hits:p

12. pretty soon we will see some AK or Fro or just some heady diffuser beads, thatd be neat.

13. That would be pretty cool, but they would take for ever to make... lol for ever
    here is a shot of mine...

[​IMG]

14. #54 Mr. Jane, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    http://www.rainbowturtle.com/micro-beads-round-hole-c-384.html

"Holeless" beads of all different sizes and colors. What size marble would you recommend for using in a bong? I was thinking 4-5mm. Do you think that 1 mm beads would be too small, becoming too compacted and therefore creating drag? I think tiny 1mm cobalt blue beads would be awesome for my setup. What would be the maximum sized marble you would use? You can find pretty cool color themes on that site for larger marbles. I guess I could use any size marble I wanted as long as it was smaller than the joint diameter on my tubes (~18 mm).

I think these are a great idea. I think if you bought larger sized marbles with color themes, they could really accentuate the color scheme of a tube setup.

Hmmm...

15. Can't we just use ice? Then it cools the smoke and gets it all diffused similar to these beads?

And ice is free.

And you colour it however you want.

AND you need not worry about the "bong bucket" marble catcher?

Ah whatever these beads are cool!

16. Does anyone know if the beads increase drag?

17. If your using a straight tube with no other percolation, then you should be good. My tube milks nice and fast and clears instantaneously.

18. And it's about knowing that the companies you're loyal to know a quality product when they stamp their name on it.

19. i wanna try these "beads"

20. Yes, I'm curious about them too. How much were they again? I'm too high to remember if it was posted already :smoke: