RooR - Bull..

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by La Chimney, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Why the hell are RooRs so expensive? I understand that they're top notch, but they're all so damn expensive. What the hell man, I'd love to have a RooR sitting in my room, but they're way to pricey for me.

2. Don't believe the hype

3. I don't even know how to compare Roor to other glass companies anymore.

Its kinda like a Mac, much more expensive than a PC counterpart, but without any of the innovative features.

4. You have been misinformed, my friend.

Maybe ten years ago this was true.

5. any glassblower worth glancing at nowadays makes stemless bongs or chaos style work.

roor is two steps behind at the moment

6. It's like buying Frosted Flakes instead of "Frosted Corn Smackers". Same shit but you pay more for the Brand Name.

7. ROOR was sweet 7-8 years ago, their glass is good quality and back then that was enough to command their high prices. I have been away from this world for about 5 years and came back to see all this new insane stuff from SG, SGW, Mobius, etc. I was shocked that ROOR hadn't changed a bit.

Imagine if Mercedes stopped innovating today. 10 years from now cheaper cars would surpass them in quality, options, and have a lower price. Guess what though... people would still be buying the Mercedes with no new innovative options and paying through their nose just for the logo. Its no different, people will pay big money for just a name regardless of actual or even perceived quality.

8. At the risk of turning this into a Mac vs PC thread, I can't agree with the above statement. Mac/Apple in general have brought in loads of innovative features! And for that reason I do not think that is a good analogy.

To answer the question, I don't really know. No doubt, they're very nice bongs but I don't know why they're that bit more expensive, perhaps just because people are willing to pay it? Will be interesting to see if Roor either lower prices or up their technology in the coming years to compete with all the newer glass companies. Some people don't like all the fancy percolated shit though and just want a high quality straight-to-the point classy piece, and Roor definitely delivers on that front.

9. That might be the most accurate analogy i have heard in the history of this site.

10. You interpreted my statement wrong. What I was trying to say is that Apple does bring a lot of innovative features but their prices are more expensive.
    Roor is only expensive without any innovative glass technology.

Nothing wrong with buying a Roor bong if you like the looks and sturdiness of it. But there are much MUCH better alternatives now-a-days.

11. Why thank you kind sir.

12. hit it on the head... If Apple was to own a bong company it would probably have RooR make its bongs... its basically like the iBong of the bong world... it's "trendy" and overpriced.. and others can do it way better at those prices

13. #13 Dev N, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    I'm tired of all this thread being posted every other day...

14. this thread again talk about beating a dead horse

15. lol @ custom work

if you really want a coloured lip and ice pinches for $200 more. :laughing:

16. when i first realized that there were "high end" bongs, the only name i knew was ROOR. i saw their bongs as unattainable, both practically and financially. im glad i learned alot over the years and finally know what i want in my collection and what i see as "high end". Roor will never be on that list.

17. *post deleted. Im done

18. #19 RooRgle, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    Honestly, I love the look of RooR. I could give a shit less if it is 'old' technology...I mean I put weed in my bowl, I light it up, and I get high....wtf else would I want. Sure the cost is outrageous, and it can be difficult to wrap your head around spending $1000 for a glass bong...but if you want one, and if you have the money...then FUCKING buy one. Seriously, I just don't understand why there is so much hostility around this topic. I started a thread asking people which RooR they recommend I buy (I included pics and cost and why I wanted each one)...holy shit, it was just another, "don't buy a roor, they are old and suck" debate, and I clearly told people to please help me, I made up my mind, I want one of these RooR's which one should I get...nope, still some people who just had to reply and share no helpful information.

This is a picture of my RooR, some people think it looks plain as fuck, others think it's the bee's knees...what do I think? I love it, and I like how simple it is. I wanted a simple piece I could smoke out of...I NEVER need another RooR, or another bong for that matter. I now have 1 vape, 4 spoons, 2 bongs, an unlimited supply of rolling papers and blunt wraps, ohh and weed. I think I'm set.

I know this thread will just be one of many more to come, and I've said nothing on the other 'lets bash RooR' threads, but now it's just getting annoying. Either buy it, or don't. Shit if it's so overpriced then look elsewhere, you're obviously looking, because you know RooR bongs typically cost an arm and a leg..again look elsewhere. Look for cheaper new technology that will scratch your ass while you smoke, and simultaneously make you higher than any other bong on the market...lets just smoke and agree to disagree. :bongin:

*Btw this is a general rant, not directed to the OP, directed to everyone who cares, haha

Attached Files:

19. $200? Where did you get your pricing from? Either someone lied to you and saw a gump who he could overcharge because he was young and obviously clueless, or you have never bought a custom Roor and are just talking out your ass?

Roor's have been posted here, on sale at legitimate shops for $92.