RooR beaker bottom vs straight tube

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mn9500, Feb 14, 2009.

1. do roor bowls that some with the bong 14.4 or 18.8?

2. ^^ what?

Roor tubes come with stock downstems and slides. They have 14 and 18

3. yea i know that. but the bowls, are those 14.4 or 18.8 stock, because on EDIT, you can order custom bowls, in either 14.4 or 18.8? so is the stock bowl joint 14.4 or 18.8?

4. so if i were to order a bong from EDIT, and they say the joint size is 14.4 and 18.8.

would the bowl itself, or slide as some peole say, would that joint be 14.4 or 18.8?

5. Roor makes 14 and 18mm stock slides as well as 14 and 18mm downstems. I would assume the slide size will match the joint size specified.

6. i see beaker is winning in the poll, but it looks like more people replied saying they like straight tubes. cmon people, state why u like the beaker.

7. Sorry to bump an old topic, but...

Why is beaker winning in the poll yet most posts are in favor of straight tubes?

Earlier this week I bought myself a new 18" blue RooR beaker, and I agree it's not as easy to clear as my old $20 grommet straight tube, and the smoke tastes a bit stale. I think I might be using too less water, as I have it just slightly above the highest diffuser holes. Perhaps filling the beaker with much more water will decrease the amount of air I will have to inhale?

So my question is, beaker lovers, how much water do you put in your chamber?
    Pics would help further clarify your answers! :)

8. I have A straight tube with pinches and honestly u can't clear anything faster than a straight tube which I love. A friend of mine has a beaker bottom and it's ok but there's noticeable drag. So ice pinches or not I would have to go with the straight just because of functionality.

9. straight tube looks cooler but the beaker bottom will have less drag and with the ice pinches, it will be an amazing smoke. i have a straight tube now and a lot of my friends have beakers and my next bong will be a beaker bottom for sure. ultimately is about what you want but the beaker will be more functional. all the straight tube has going for it is its sleeker looks.

10. I prefer a straight tube

11. get the beaker, the ice pinch i rarely use but is a nice feature to have incase you ever had the urge. straight tub doesn't matter unless you are getting some percs in it, drag will be less either way, but for no percs it wont matter.

12. It's all preference. Hit one of each first.

13. i cant believe the all these people saying ice pinchers dont matter!!! i have been smoking for 8 years and my wife almost 1. about 2 months ago we started using ice and never went back. we use ice in every sesh we have together. much smoother hit. and i have found that i can have a much bigger hit with the ice cooling the smoke. and if you want a really cooler hit try crushing the ice a bit. not too much and dont pack it tight. basically cool smoke = amazing experience.

having said that i also like my beaker bottom better than any bong ive ever owned, ever.

14. i ended up getting the little sista with the ice pinches about 3 months ago. is been pretty good so far.

15. Not to be ignorant, or flame you for this but seriously, do you read any posts on here, or have you ever hit a beaker bottom then a straight tube? Physics alone would tell you that the straight tube is the path of least resistance, therefore less drag and quicker hits. And last time I checked, less drag and faster clearing = more functional.

END RANT. (sorry :wave:)

16. i had :( a RooR beaker bottom 5mm i think (usa green label) and it was the best! i think it was a 14.4 but it was beaker with ice catchers. it ripped so hard. ice catchers ftw cuz every session i filled it with crushed ice to top and its so damn smooth and easy on the lungs. water stayed pretty damn clear. mostly turned a little golden colored after 5-7 fully packed bowls. cant get that with a tube! and by the time that was done about 1/2 the ice would melt and it would effect the water level much. just took the down tube out and poured out extra water.

looking for when i get my own apartment to get a new little sister with the ice notches with a colored glass swirl section.

imo euro beakers look the nicest and function best outta all.

cant wait to move out and get my own!

17. Here is a pic of mine, just put your water higher then the diffuser holes (only thing I've changed is how much water I put in the percs, that pic is the day I got her)

[​IMG]

18. I think you've mentioned your ice pinch like 5 times now. That doesn't make your bong any better.

19. lmao

decent question tho