Roommate

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ven34, Mar 13, 2009.

1. #1 Ven34, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    So basically im 99.9% sure my roommate stole weed from me. I keep my weed in a tiny bottle and was very aware of how much weed I had(had about a gram left so it wasn't hard to catch), and when I came back, one of the two nugs in my stash looked as if someone just ripped part of it off. Another tip off was that my apartment smelled exactly like how my weed smells when I came home from work. Roommate claims that his brother brought over some stuff but I know that even if he did, the chances of him having the same weed as me are pretty slim.

The problem is, my weed was hidden in my pillow case. So that means he is purposely going through my things looking for weed. It's not like he just stubled upon it, or else I would blame myself for leaving it out. I keep my stash hidden even though I don't need to for exactly this reason.

My roommate is my best friend. I dont mind smoking him out, but he hasnt had weed of his own in a while. I think he got used to me smoking him out so he stopped buying for himself. I don't wanna think like that but it seems like he's starting to use me even though he is really morally against using people (or so he claims). I dont want to turn this into something bigger than it needs to be and would rather not confront him about it because i'm pretty sure he would deny it.

Iv'e been carrying my weed on me lately when im not home, but this cant be a permanent solution. My room isn't too big so no matter where I hide it im pretty sure hed be able to find it. It's the fact that hes going through my stuff that kinda bothers me about it all. What would you guys do in a situation where youre best friend is stealing weed from you?

2. Confront him about it and make him feel guilty.

Then, buy a lock box haha

3. you could buy a lock box. Or just confront him. I'd buy a lockbox.

damn, the guy above me beat me to the lockbox idea lolz

4. #4 Ven34, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    I mean if it was like a quarter or something I really would, i'm just the type of person that usually shrugs off small things. It just kinda shocked me because ill come home from work and pack a bowl and smoked while were watching tv or playing xbox and ill always let him hit it no matter what, because I think smoking infront of people is kinda rude. When he has his own weed most of the time hell smoke it in his room. Once he packed two bowls and smoked before going to work and didnt offer me a hit at all while i sat there right next to him. Just kinda bugs me man, i dunno.

5. Go to wallmart and get a booksafe, their like twelve or thirteen bucks, and are located near the other small safes. Says "New English Dictionary" on it. Even if he finds it he wont be able to open it without the key. Shame you cant trust your best friend. Good luck!

[​IMG]

6. yes, confront him about it, but don't make him guilty. Just tell him that you don't mind smoking him out, but you'd appreciate it if he would buy his own return the favor, and that you won't keep smoking him out if he doesn't. And with the stealing part, depending on how he reacts, just mention that you've noticed that some of your stash has gone missing. Just make him know that you are aware of how much you have and when it goes missing. You don't have to directly blame him, hes probably smart enough to put together that you know, and that he should stop.

7. Make a trap or something, leave it out, weigh it exactly, and then if some is missing then you pretty much know for sure he took it unless someone's breaking into your room to steal a tiny bit of bud.

8. wow, if he is smoking right in front of you without letting you have a hit, you should say something. Tell him to not be such a greedy jerk, you share, he should share.

9. I guess what I want to hear is a way to get him to realize he needs to smoke me out as much as I smoke him out. And does he have some work to do. I dont have a scale and sometimes he goes to pick up weed for me so god knows how much he's taken from me before.

As far as the lockbox.. I dunno about that. He will definitely know I bought it to hide stuff from him which would probably make him smoke me out even less when he does buy. I just dont wanna make things worse than it is.

10. You could just keep it in your room, or a portion of it, and not smoke it. If he keeps stealing it it would be pretty noticeable. Then just confront him in a friendly way.

11. Sounds like a good idea never knew they made book safes. ill definitely look into that.

12. Fuck that get a lock on your door, dude should not be going through your stuff.

13. yeah I wish my room had its own deadbolt like at my friends place that would be nice. My new apartment has absolutely no locks on the rooms though and its against my lease to change any locks on doors. They would find out fairly quick if I did because our apartment is being shown weekly for next year.

14. Leave a note with the weed saying: I weighed this bud so I'll know if you took any, not cool
    Or confront him

15. Hide your shit at the bottom of your dresser (pull out the bottom drawer and stick it in. Or create some sort of pouch and tape it to the back of one of your drawers, no one will find it but you.

16. My old best friend used to do that time. Cool dude, greediest person I've ever known. It wasn't very hard to find other friends. You yourself know exactly how shitty it is of him to act that way, so don't even bother questioning it. Tell him straight up next time you're smoking that the shit doesn't grow on trees(well.) and that he needs to at least put in something.

As for him going to your room.. You could always pull some James Bond shit and borrow somebodies camera. Hide it, then show him the incriminating evidence.

17. just stop buying for a bit pressure him into buying shit for awhile and smoke the majority of it

18. This is actually what I planned on doing after thinking about it for a while. I'm going to make a really good hiding spot somewhere and stop smokin him out for a bit. He'll get the idea I think. As soon as he buys his own I will pretend to be dry for a bit and see if hell blaze me up. The only problem is he knows I always have weed or looking for weed cause ive smoked for the past 3 months straight i havnt gone to bed not high since last semmester.

19. fuck him, just blaze in your room with the music on and doze off...

he'll get the idea when you stop sharing...

20. Been doing that the past few nights now. close door, roll blunt, blaze, listen to music, crash.