Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Roommate wearing out my grinder?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fxguy, Oct 24, 2011.

1. #1 fxguy, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
    Hey all,

This is my first post. I bought a new Sharpstone grinder and a pipe (my first) back in March just before I moved to the city. My roommate also moved with me, who I also work with, and is a much more frequent smoker than I am, and by frequent, I mean daily. I'm weekly at most. I understand with us being roommates and all, sharing and using each other's stuff is fine, as long as we ask. I've allowed him to use my grinder, but am blown away that he didn't provide his own pipe or grinder.

At first he was using my pipe (which got old real fast), but eventually found a new one in the city, but mainly still uses one left by another guest in our place. The only thing I'm worried about is if he wears out my grinder. I paid damn near $50 for it, and he uses it 90% of the time. He even took it out of the apartment without asking me once (I told him about it, and haven't seen him do it since). Should I be annoyed? I'm not sure if he'd buy me another grinder if he wears out the teeth. I'm still blown away that he doesn't use his own stuff being a pro smoker and all.

We get along, I just don't want to create any bad situation because of my own annoyance.

2. no, he's giving you kief and the teeth aren't going to wear out

3. Grinders should be good for life especially a nice sharpstone don't worry about it man

4. He's using the keif, and even showed it to me, and sprinkled it on his next bowl. BTW, the guy blows probably $100-$200 a month on the stuff.

5. not that much at all...

6. I am guessing. I'm probably low balling it a bit. Restock is about weekly, and usually $50-$150 a visit. Hard to say actually.

7. my rule is no matter whose bud it is the kief belongs to the owner of the ginder and it should be the grinder owners choice to share or not

8. Mu Sharpstone wore out after about a year of use. It's your shit man. If you want it to last, just tell him straight up you're taking it back.

9. $100-200 a month isn't that much. An ounce generally lasts me about a month of everyday smoking and I end up paying $350.

He isn't going to wear the teeth out. However, I don't think it's right that he is using some of the kief. Most of it would probably from the stuff he runs through the grinder, but I think since it is your grinder it should be some sort of tax.

10. hahah dont be buggin out ive had my sharpstone for years of heavy use and the teeth are still as sharp as the day i got it. and hes blowin through what like a half a month? thats not even a g a day, welcome to the world of smoking :bongin:

11. sharing is caring...nor is a sharpstone gonna wear down

12. What you could do is empty the keif in something else... I doubt it's ever going to wear out in your life time and if it does then somethings wrong with it.

13. smoke as much as he does and there won't be a problem?

:bongin:

14. I would agree with you unless...The two people are living together and the owner never buys bud. Much like the situation we have here. So in this case I feel your rule does not apply.

Also your grinder won't wear out and if god forbid one of the teeth breaks then he'll just have to buy you a new one i guess.

15. Thanks for the replies. So the theme I'm getting is this......

1) He doesn't smoke enough even to tear up an average grade grinder
    2) The Sharpstone SHOULD last me years of heavy use no matter what.

I try to see the even trade offs. I never ask to smoke his stuff. Maybe every couple weeks or so we might be at a friend's place, and he'll use his stash, which I may take one big hit, sometimes two. BTW, his girlfriend (also who I work with) lives with us, and they smoke and pool their resources together too, so essentially there are two people using the grinder.

I don't want to be out of line, but keep thinking "jesus get your own shit by now, it's been months. He can obviously afford it."

I just hope I can take the humble approach, and hope he's cool enough to buy me another one if he breaks it.

16. Yeah man that shits built to last you'll be good

17. Just tell him he can only use it if he lets the kief build up in there. Trust me, for $50 that shit isn't breaking down anytime soon.

My $10 grinder from gadgets and gizmos still works wonders after 4 years lol

18. [quote name='"earthwindfire"']my rule is no matter whose bud it is the kief belongs to the owner of the ginder and it should be the grinder owners choice to share or not[/quote]

This.

19. Why you mad bro? That's just free kief. Then again, he is just using it without your permission. Tell him that if he uses it, he has to save the kief and smoke you up. You should get your $50 worth from that grinder for sure then..:smoke:

20. Haha, well I didn't get free kief the first time, and was unaware of smoker etiquette regarding it.