room temp on 88

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by haze168, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I have two fan blowing and my AC down to 68 and my room temp still on 88,what can I do?,

2. More exhaust, bigger/more intake holes.

3. Open the door to the room is your only option. That's what I have to do and I can keep my temps at 79.

Putting a matching light bulb in the hall can help disguise the light. I can keep my stairs light on with the appropriate bulb and you can't tell at all when walking downstairs an looking up.

Or crack a window somehow an let fresh air in.

4. Opening the door just lets odors out.

Ventilation is only as complicated as you make it. Ambient temps are 68 you said. Either you have entirely too much light, not enough cfm exhaust, or restricting the exhaust with not enough intake.

5. My bad. For some reason I thought you had a tent in a room.

room size? Wattage? Ac size? Exhaust fan or just circulating? cooled hoods?

6. I do this when I'm in veg so I forgot about that.

7. Do you have a intake fan? You can yse a small powerful deck fan to suck air into the room. If I turn my intake fan off my temps will rise. Intake and exhaust fans are your friends.

8. my temps are way higher with an intake fan, i do better with a 6 inch inline exhaust and let the intake just be pulled in by the exhaust. i dont it with an intake fan and i hads a lot of trouble, if you are using an intake and exhaust fan, then just try it without the intake fan.

9. Yes I'm talking about using both. When used in combination together they can get most airflow through the room. I've tried mine w/o an intake and temp raised a good bit. Turn the intake fan on it started cooling instantly. Using both fans along with an oscillating fan are a must.

10. I've never needed an intake fan. I believe on my 2nd indoor grow after I revamped my cab, I thought I needed an intake fan to keep my cab cool. Added an intake fan and it worked well.

Decided to build a veg cab, took my intake fan out for that, and added another passive intake hole per advice I received on here and my temps remained stable.

IMO an intake fan will only limit your exhaust fan. By rule, you need negative pressure so your intake fan is supposed to be smaller than your exhaust fan. When you do that, your exhaust is only as powerful as your intake. Passive is the way to go.

If you have a 6" exhaust, you should be using 2x 6" intake holes, or 3x 4" intake holes.

11. exactly... passive intakes are the most effective. especially if you can exhaust at the top of a tent or toward the ceiling of a room. This way the cool air is sucked in low, and the hot air is vented high.

12. Put some sugar and yeast in a gallon jug or warm water. Rig a hose in the.top, make it air tight. Throw it in the room with the hose above the canopy and dont worry about temps. Unless theyre like 95+.

13. Anything over 85f slows down growth, and budding. If you're growing a sativa dominate hybrid, you can likely get away with a little higher (they are equatorial plants, after all) but I'd be cautious with temps at 88f.

Could be worse, and they *WILL* grow. They may suffer from heat stress, which will prolong the flowering period. I once flowered a 9-10 week strain in 90-92f temps and she ran 13 weeks before finishing.